Track Brake pads

hey guys for the guys who track their cars what pads are you running up front? Specifically the guys with 300z brakes My 7 has very similar 4 pistons

Ebc greenstuffs Blow On a spirited Drive for about 5-10 mins I turn my rotors blue and smoke my pads, surprisingly i haven’t warped my rotors… I like brembo Rotors ha

Couple guys know what i mean there is so much smoke it looks like I popped my rad…

And i get really nasty brake fade too… i so use Dot 4 fluid and the system has been recently bleed with a new master cylinder

Hawk HPS have worked well for me, sometimes squeaky on the srteet though if not driven hard for a while.

& lots of dust

^ i use the same, and thank god mine is straight track…

Hawk HP+ Great stuff!

I don’t mind squeaky or dusty as long as they can handle my abuse Lmao

:lol:

Hawk blues?
Hawk hd-10? loool

I just added a bunch of brake pads to online store. I wouldnt suggest driving on the street with the blues and such as they need alot of heat

Look at it this way: your brakes were smoking and mine were fine after a night of cruising. HP+'s squeak, and they dust, but when you need them they’re there. I haven’t experienced fade. My brake setup will take your abuse and you have seen it, so it’s not like I am pulling anything out of my ass to sway you towards them.

HPS’ are supposed to be Hawk’s low dust pads. If those dust a lot, then HP+ must be a spinning dust storm. I don’t think HP+ dust a lot, but then again, I gotta clean my rims 2-3 times a week because my rims are so damn dirty every 2nd or 3rd day after a cleaning. It’s worth it.

I have been wanting more bite and figured 6 pots would be the best way to go about it, but they’d be expensive. How would Black’s be on the street? I would like a little more bite and Blacks seem to provide it. If they’d be a pain to keep warm then I’d pass. If not, I will drop them in as soon as my HP+'s go.

Also, a heads up, HP+'s will wear your rotor down more. You have Brembo’s though, so no biggie.

Eh… HPS and HP+ are not track pads. HPS are street pads… HP+ are autocross/street/light track pads.

Blues, HT10, Black, HT14, etc… etc… these are track pads.

How the hell were you able to drive HPS pads on track and not fade them? I remember fading my HP+ pads… although they were phenomenal for what they were… just they had a sort of on/off feeling not very modulation friendly… still kicked ur ass when it did brake, but I could manage to fade them.

None the less Hawk HP+ was a great upgrade from HPS…

I ran HP+ on all 4 on my Rx7 for the street/track. Squeeled bad until I put the factory shims in (carefully with anti-sieze between the shim and pad backing) then they were awesome…about the best you can run w/o changing your pads at the track. My 240 track car has Hawk Blues - great track pad.

hawk hp+ are pretty much the best brake pads you can get, while still maintaining streetablility.

They do squeek, at every light, when no warmed up. But no biggy.

If its track only, get some hawk blues. But those can’t be streeted, as it takes a shit load of heat to get them to start biting.

I m running hp+ all around. Love em. I have yet to get any brake fade, on any track.

to be honest i actually wouldn’t mind swapping pads at the track now that i think about it

I dont have to take the caliper off its just some clips and the pad comes out the back…

HP+ are a little bit annoying on the street, especially in the wet, if they’re cold :smiley: If you’re careful though, they’re fine.

hawk hp+ all the way

I have J30’s at the front with OEM pads, and HP+ pads at the back with stock S13 brakes. The rear rotors wore down FAST. I don’t have much bite unless I do a high speed stop, after that, WOW. lol

I wonder why…shouldn’t the J30 OEM’s be great in the cold?

Guys there are a lot of other pads out there other than just Hawk.

While Hawk make great pads, don’t be so narrow minded!

One pad I think would work well on the street is the Ferodo DS2500 or even the DS3000

Endless makes an awesome pad - if you can afford it.

For full race applications the Performance Friction PF-01 is the pad you want.

Cleaning rims?

If your HP+s are squeaking on the street, You’re just not driving fast enough. Grow some balls and heat em up!

Yeah. I get a nice black layerr on them after a few days, so I clean em up before it becomes caked on. I do put in a lot of seat time per week in the 240-25 hours at least.HP’s get warm when the time is right.

I always wanted Endless brakes all around, or even Project Mu, but that’s ballin.

Dont worry i was just kidding, i dont clean my rims. I’ve been driving on hp+ for 2 years. probably cleaned them twice ever

I like Carbotechs. I have tried the XP8 compound. I believe it is similar to the Hp+. But it does not squeal as much. But like other people who have tracked the HP+, I got them to fade after about 25 minutes of hard lapping. If you have never got your HP+’s to fade I think you will like these pads, they are ok for the street. This year I am going to try the Carbotech XP10, I believe it is equivalent to the Hawk Blues.