Track Brake pads

for the guys that have the hp+ pads what kind of speeds are you slowing down from?

Ive heard of ferodo but not much

The HPS or the HP+ will slow you down from any speed that is even remotely responsible on the street.

I’m also sure any of the stuff Sasha recommended is more then ideal for the application… I can’t comment personally since I’ve never tried any of those pads.

I run HP+ on the street and track. They dust alot but they work amazing. I have 300zx brakes and with those HP+ pads, car comes to a stop in no time. My car creeks cause its so damn stiff, so I just turn up the music lol. Does still get a bit annoying but whatever.

I am going to be running Hawk DTC-60 on the track this season. Should be a different story.

porterfeild rs4 were tight, they only got better as they heated up

HP+ are best for street & track… if you have a full on track car then get blues or other full race pads.

i never had issues with my HP+'s at dunnville or Cayuga… running Dunnville in reverse i’d hit 175-180kph down to about 50-60kph pretty hard and there were never any issues so long as the rest of your system is functioning properly.

awesome that’s the kinda reply i was looking for bing thanks

Thanks guys I got a set of Hawk HP + pads freaking awesome i also picked up a newer set 4 piston calipers from an FD as wel thanks aot guys

I was out at 3am the other night? Don’t tell me you’ve been taking the FC out late at night too? Good choice on the pads and calipers.

okay first review of these pads,

i went for my usually night time sprint

First corner great initial bite,
after that i lost that nice initial bite and got some brake fade happening but it was still very manageable, and it faded it a certain point and stayed at that point

I definitely overheated them when i slowed down to cool the car and eventually stopped they were smoking pretty bad this is over a 2 min run

this is on a 2600 lbs fc with about 240 whp

i think im going to look into either a) a Larger rotor b) an actual track pad for track days

If its your first run on them. Did you bed them in properly? Without bedding, they stop like shit, and you generally get smoke.

I have a 3000lb 240sx, with 240whp, and i have no issues. My boy has a fc, and the brake setup is about the same. You shouldn’t be having problems with hp+ and decent rotors all around.

quick question I’ve gotten out of all this… you are fading your hawk’s on the STREET?

I don’t know i thought i bedded them in properly i just followed the instructions that came with the pads

maybe its time for bigger rotor or have a set of pads for the track

.white240 you’ve never been to forks of the credit?

i don’t really find it that hard to fade them def hold up way better than the ebc greenstuffs i had they would fade in an emergency stop lol

Well thing is, they are extremely hard to fade, especially on street.

The only time my hp+ ever faded, was when i was bedding them in.

After that, they were pristine.

When I bedded them, i went out for a drive, where at first i went from 60- 20 for about 5 pulls, without locking brakes or ever coming to complete stop.

Then i did the same thing for 80-20, 120-20. Took about 20 minutes. Then I parked the car, and let the brakes completely cool down.

I m pretty sure the instructions in the box, just say the 80-0 thing and then you drive on them for a x amount of km’s to bed them, but that shit doesn’t work.

How did you bed them?

I broke them in pretty much the same way i didnt slow right down to 20 but same idea, then i let the brakes cool :confused: i Don’t know what to say its wierd i didn’t use my brakes to the point where they were locking either

word. What rotors you using?

Brembo Blanks

Im just confused it was only literally 2 mins of driving oh well car is of the road now rebuilding the motor hopefully be done for june/july with a t70 turbo

I was on and off them for 500 km, before braking hard. Mayne my rotors play a part in them not overheating like yours did?

Nah Cross drilled is only for Gas evacuation, it was an issue on old back in the day pads not modern pads or not so much

I had over 1000km’s before going hard i unno

maybe it was something under my car smoking rofl

For racing, Hawk’s HP+ pads. You’ll get squeaking on the street sure, but great on the track.

Dude you don’t ever want to park the car when your brakes are that hot…especially after bedding them in.
You’ll get uneven pad material fused to the rotor at just that spot, and it will feel like your rotors are “warped”.
You always want to drive around and cool your brakes down before parking the car, after bedding them in.