Fixing my track day brake issues

Step one complete. Just ordered a set of these:

http://www.dba.com.au/images/4000.jpg

http://www.dba.com.au/4000series/default.asp

As well as a set of HPS pads for the street. Still researching what pad I’m going to run at the track but I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Hawk HP+ with that rotor over on LS1gto.com.

I’ll also be flushing the brake system with ATE Super Blue.

As a cheap mod I’m going to remove the dust shield, maybe permanently but at least for track days.

SuperBlue on board?

Oh, and lose weight.

Me, the car, or both? :slight_smile:

lol. I suppose they both would work.

I’m gonna have to have FuzzyFish take my car thruogh the 1/4 mile, he’s like half my weight, which has got to be worth a tenth

I always laugh at the Vette guys talking about paying $1000’s to save 5lbs with titanium mufflers when they’ve got a 30lb+ beer gut.

and here i always thought the “driver mod” was a mental thing

I upgraded to HP+'s for both street and track from stock pads last year and was pretty impressed.

I’ve since graduated to Hawk Blues, and obviously think they are even better, but the HP+'s were a nice step up.

Stage 3 weight reduction = losing the beer gut.

how are the blues on the street? or do you just throw them on @ the track?

I’ve got a set of HPS on there now and they are more than enough for my street driving. Not worth the extra dust/noise to run a race pad on the street on a DD car like mine.

More like stage 0 since it’s free.

I’ve got HP+ I’m using for the street, and I’ve got to tell you they stop really well but the dust is terrible. They’re noisey too. Squeak like mofos until they’re heated up a bit

I’m like a regular car jockey I tell ya’.

I only run the Blues on the track.

Many people complain about the noise of the HP+'s, and honestly… mine BARELY make any noise, it’s kind of freakish. I’m not saying all HP+'s don’t make noise, mine just seem to very little.

And I’m used to cleaning brake dust off from autocross 1-2 times a weekend, so the difference is barely noticeable/a moot point for me anyway, since they get washed at least once a week.