Brake Problem, Please Help!

Car: 1994 Acura Integra RS (non-ABS)

Ok, moral of the story is my brake pedal was mushy and often went to the floor. The car having 180,000miles+ i figured it would be either master or booster?(and no, there wasnt any leaks). So i bought a new master (yes i bench bled it) and a used booster from the junkyard(cause a new one was $180 and didnt have the money at the time). and i figured if im gonna have to bleed the whole system i my aswell just replace my brakelines with stainless lines (GoodRidge G-Stops).

All put back together, no leaks, must have bleed 1.5quarts through the whole damn system and i still have shitty brakes.

When car is off-Pedal is hard
When car is on-Pedal is mushy and seems to lock my brakes up? still air?

…im guessing either the booster from the junkyard is bad or maybe something with my proportional valve (like dirt or something…since this is the only thing that wasnt replaced.)

Brakes arent not my expertise at ALL, so any input or ideas would be gerat!

how is the check valve coming off the booster? when it blows out, will give a “mushy” pedal feel. seeing your car is turbo, it will definitely make this more pronounced. pull the valve off the line from the booster, and blow into it both ways. one way it should blow through, other end it should not.

also, how did you bleed the system? you want to start furthest away from the master. so right rear, left rear, right front, left front.

brake booster just gives aid to brakes. it uses engine vacuum. if a booster goes, pedal should feel like manual bakes–hard pedal feel. a bad master itself will give off a mushy feel.

When you had the calipers off, did you check the condition of the sliding pins on both front and rears? The rears typically seize first, as does the screw-in type piston in the rear caliper. If it does in fact sieze, the piston can’t return into it’s bore so it feels mushy even though there isn’t a leak.

I would still go back and re-bleed, and check the direction on the check valve…the arrow faces the IM IIRC

-Check valve is fine and right direction.
-Thats exactly how i bled them, in that order
So i guess that eliminates that its not a bad booster then, maybe a bad master or bench bled incorrectly.

i didnt check the sliders (i’ll do that tomorrow) although i did install a new front right caliper i forgot to mention too.