Brakes are messed!!!!

Today when I was driving home I felt something wrong with my brake pedal, one thing I knew forsure was that my car is not stoping…it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that my brakes are not working properly. Here is my dilema, I have no clue what wrong nor do I know where to begin examining the problem

These are the sypmtoms I felt in the car:

1. The brake pedal went all the way down to the floor
  2. The brakes are not grabbing
  3. Mainly the brake pedals feels loose…like when you push it

The funny thing was I order to fully stop my car i had to use my e-brake to stop completely. Can someone help me out?

u got a leak, and alotttt of air in breaks now , check your break lines, for leaks check your master cylinder, and check ur calipers.

thanks rex

or your brake pad is busted in half… happened to me a few weeks ago… went to stop, and the pedal went all the way to the floor, pumped it a bit and it stopped, then started making all kinds of grinding noise… the pad itself separated off the backing. might be that simple. but if its not stopping at all then it prolly is a leak somewhere, or master cylinder is leaking internally.

how much do you guys think its going to cost me? like an estimate

well first find your leak or problem, busted break pad is possible but id say rarely happeneds. but then again wierd things happened, like my spark plugs blew, the top ceramic parts they cracked some how.

to get a brake line replaced depends on the shop. Its a very easy job and can be done for $6(brake line) and then maybe $20(brake fluid) then u do it urself…easy easy easy

At a shop to get one line replaced i would say ur looking at 150 ish

yea breaks lines are pritty easy to do just need the right fittings and tools.

same thing happened to me turns out the pads were pretty much gone on the one side and just needed to be changed.

If your Emergency light was on while you were driving, You ran low on brake fluid and it started catching air. Top it up, pump the brakes and it should work agian. Then find the source of the small leak. If thats not the case and your fluid is still on or above the line in the Brake Fluid container, Start by bleeding your brakes. If it still doesnt work, you probably need to replace your brake booster or Brake Master Cylinder, but most likely Brake Master Cylinder. Please don’t put engine oil in the Brake Fluid Container, I see alot of that happening and people wondering why there brakes stop working.