brakes

what kind of setups do you guys have?

disc

i’m looking at doing a big brake kit upgrade but i’m not sure what’s the best route to take. prices can get very expensive.

do the z32 brake upgrade if your looking to save some money on a bbk

I’m running Z32’s on my Spec V and love em. fairly cheap as well, the whole setup cost me around $500.

I have Wilwood 6/4piston 355mm. Get some 350z brembos and swap them on they own the Z32 swap.

… hes got a budget dude…
also evo brembos are cheap like z32 upgrade if you can find em. but the calipers need slight modification

Maybe he should have said what brake swap can I do for under…$500 or what is the cheapest brake upgrade I can do??? Its not fault he gave next to no info:sad: 350z brembos can be had for under $1000us for the calipers thats not very expensive for a BBK

sorry, guys, should have been more specific. i just wanted to get some ideas based on what some other people had done. i eventually would like to do a full bbk upgrade, money is not a huge issue, but for now i will either do a z32 or q45 upgrade.

thanks for all your help so far, really appreciate it.

Ive got Rotara’s on my Z, Definatly better then the stock brembo’s. But they ain’t cheap, total cost for all 4 disks and calipers was about $2500, What size wheel are you planning or have that will dictate where you can go. I know 19" are minimum for the Rotara’s(Obviously rotor size dependant)

Cheers

I shouldn’t have any problems with clearance, i have 18 inch rims. If you’re needing 19’s to clear, you must have massive size rotors and calipers. Do you have the 6-piston calipers?

Yes and Yes, Rotors I can’t remember the size i think there 15 inch, slotted drilled and vented, I’ve got 3/8 clearance on the front calipers to the rimm surface. Makes getting the rimms on and off rather interesting to not chip the calipers.

It says on Rotoras web site 6pot 355mm (that is the largest disk they listed for 6piston calipers) will clear 18" wheels. Watch for cast brakes which take a large wheel disc to clear (higher offset) if you are not on a tight budget look into forged calipers they shed a ton of weight and they fit slimmer so lower offsets/less wheel clearence is needed. My Wilwood 6 piston calipers weigh 4.4lbs compaired to my OEM Brembos 9lbs per caliper and I gained insane amount of clearence between my wheel and brakes in turn if i would have went with cast which I thought about due to the attractive pricing I would have needed spacers to clear my current wheels and they may have weighed more than my OEM(they have more pistions as well). So you would have a larger wheel selection to choose from and Larger lips/Dish will be possible with forger calipers. I hope this helps, this is all stuff I had no idea about until I really started doing research on BBKs. It all comes down to what you want to spend and what you want/need and of course what you want to spend.

OEM Brembos limited clearance maybe 5mm at the most

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/GordKerik1976/PA140154_2.jpg

Wilwood forged 6 piston 355mm brakes = way more clearence +25mm or so.

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w332/GordKerik1976/DSC03557.jpg