Budget Brake Question

It’s time to do my brakes, and need to know if the 300ZX Z32 brake upgrade is the cheapest way to go when upgrading.

Is there any aftermarket big brake kits that compare to it in price, or are they all too pricey? Looking to spend around $1000-1200 for the front brakes.

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/brakesz32.html
This is PDM’s pricing, is it decent?

Also does the master cylinder need to be changed when doing this upgrade?

Thnx.

no you dont have to swap the m/c if you do the swap to 300zx brakes. but you will be much happier and they will perform better if you do change the m/c

Sort of off topic but along the same lines. How do those Z32 brakes compare to an aftermarket kit? Something like a Brembo kit

i’m actually going to be going with the q45 brakes this summer,

from what i’ve read all that is needed to get them on an s13 is to get them redrilled, otherwise they drop right in

they are supposed to give pretty good performance, IIRC they have 2 48mm pistons, which should provide stopping power comparable to the z32 price

also any parts store will probably be able to get these at a half decent price, a rebuild kit from nissan and you’re set

you can do teh Z32 brake swap for under $700 from start to finish…

$340 for calipers and pads and hardware (completely rebuilt)
$200 for cross drilled rotors
$130 for lines

$670

WALLA

might hit $700 depending on rotors…

you get the calipers and pads from me, the rotors from shift_marcus, and the lines from PDM…

there you go

if you get the 26mm you wont need spacers, if you go 30mm you will and you can add another $150 approx for H&R 5mm - 25mm whatever you want

you need a grinder to grind down the brake sheild, and a ratchet to do the bolts… THAT IS IT

Do you have rear calipers too?

I actually just ordered a set of 30mm from Bing last week and im awaiting their arrival :smiley:

like bing said, grab the set off of him ($340 for fully rebuilt) and all you need to do is source rotors, lines and spacers.

Varun (slippery_silvia) actually has some 300zx TT rotors on sale $140 so go check him out.

spacers, depending on which caliper you decide to go with, you can grab from anywhere. Thats if you want to get the generic ones, its like 20 at any performance shop.

yes i can get the rears as well, but i dont know what the price is…

i got my skyline brake kit for $580. Lines, rotors, pads, calipers.

Does anyone know if the cookie cutters will clear the 26mm? I’ve heard both ways.