BRAND NEW R35 GTR UPDATE!!

That’s what this whole thread was originally about! You didn’t read the first post now did you??!

whoops, mixed up this forum with a different one. other one the people were discussing if it was going to be a nissan or infiniti.

Hmmm… well the price of the Z jumped like 4000 in a couple of years so maybe 80000 (you’d expect the Inifinti tag then) but i estimate it be…

72,000 US for the base model(if they make it a teired entry)…

Anythoughts?

I don’t think there will be a “base” model, just the ONLY model. Probably no options right off the bat, and maybe a SpecV, or Nismo tune option later down the road. When was the first ever skyline produced? Maybe they will have an anniversary edition within a few years??

In 1952 was the first skyline… funny thing about the skyline it used to belong to another company… then they merged with Datsun… so… the 50th Edition should have been in… oh 2002…

However, isnt this not a Skyline, its just called the GT-R (Proto) so would this mean the Skyline name tag will die with this cars release or will this be “R35” and considered the next gen skyline…

It’s entirely possible that they will keep the Skyline name on the G35 in Japan and just have the GT-R as a whole seperate nameplate. Personally I think they should keep the name as the Skyline GT-R, but hey, I’m not in Nissan’s marketing department.

they 48K base and 300 horses

I co-test drove an STi and wasn’t all that impressed, although the torque curve is FLAT which is nice. Also the brakes were amazing. But I’d rather have a GTiR any day.

they 48K base and 300 horses[/quote]

What I meant by this was They are guessing that the New GT-R will have 500hp and the STi has 300, that’s what I meant by how much is an extra 200 horses worth. Won’t the last actual Skyline be the one that was released a year or two ago, the ones (50 I believe) that had under 20k miles on them and Nismo completely rebuilt them to make it the Fastest Production Car ever made?