BRAND NEW R35 GTR UPDATE!!

"Since the unveiling of the GT-R PROTO at last October’s Tokyo Motor Show, Nissan has continued development of the legendary GT-R sports coupe. And while details about the next generation GT-R have been few, one important piece of information was made public today.

Mr. Carlos Ghosn, President and CEO of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., kicked-off the New York International Auto Show with the exciting revelation that the GT-R will be sold in the U.S. as the Nissan GT-R.

As part of his keynote address at the International Motor Press Association Breakfast, Mr. Ghosn said that when he unveiled the GT-R PROTO, Nissan had not yet decided whether the GT-R would be sold as a Nissan or an Infiniti in the United States.

Mr. Ghosn also expressed enthusiasm that the heart-pounding GT-R will build on drivers’ passion for the Nissan brand. "

A little correction on that, the current Skyline (G35 here) is the CPV35 body style, it would be the R36 because it’s a completely different body style, just like the R32 evolves to the R33, etc…

Makes sense, but I thought it would be the R35 GTR since the current R35 skylines don’t have a gtr in there line up. Does that mean they are changing the other skylines as well when the GTR comes out?? A whole new skyline lineup? that would be cool, escpecially if they sold them all here under the nissan skyline name!

Sold in the US does not equal sold in Canada.

just because it has a 35 in the CPV35 chassis code doesnt mean it has to be named a newer version… the same could be said about the GTS-t skylines(HCR32) to GT-R skylines(BNR32)…so ya im pretty sure it will be a R35 skyline :yawinkle:
and yes sadly becaue the US gets them, doesnt always mean we will recieve it as well, as metioned by Davis and his 240sx… but im pretty sure there will be a good chance, seeing as we already get all of the G35 models :rolleyes:

Japan seems to be liking us canadiens more and more though, so who know?!!
It doesn’t make a huge difference to me as I won’t be buying one, but I would love to see a few here and there.

I found this on CanadianDriver.com:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/060413-1.htm

It is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in Fall 2007, followed by the U.S. and Canada in Spring 2008. More details on the launch of the GT-R will be available at a later date.

Good news…at least temporarily! :smiley:

Under closer inspection the GTR more or less a league of it’s own 'cause it’s a platform that’s not shared by the older Skylines, it’s been re-designed completely from the ground up.

so then would u call a 94 R32 v-spec II a r33 beacuse it was released 5 yrs after the R32 89GT-R…no
its a R35!..

It’s too confusing for me, when I get the spec sheets then I can probably find the chassis code for it. Apparantly it’s going to be one hell of an expensive car…

Guys, seriously, who gives a fuck what the Chassis code is!? They could call it the RUG4Y and people would still buy it!

I think what Chris was trying to say is that it is built on a completely different platform. I’d imagine the R32 and the R32 V-Spec II are on the same platform, but I could be wrong…it’s been known to happen occasionally. :smiley:

The new GT-R is NOT a Skyline

The Skyline/G35 and the new GT-R will be seperate cars. It’s not a Skyline GT-R. It’s just the Nissan GT-R.

Whatever the chassis code for the current/future Skyline is or will be, it WONT be the same chassis code as the GTR because they are different cars.

personally I think it would be stupid to drop the skyline name on the GTR, but some of the other manufacturers seem to be goin through that trend right now as well, so it wouldn’t really surprise me!

I just want to know how much it will cost.

$1,000,000,000.95 + freight/pde + GST

It’s probably gonna’ be a $100,000.00 car.

$1,000,000,000.95 + freight/pde + GST

It’s probably gonna’ be a $100,000.00 car.[/quote]

That seems very pricey for a car under the Nissan name, I could see that if it were comming as an Infinity for sure tho.

How much is an STi, and how much is 200 horses more worth? I dunno, I think 80,000, but hey who knows.

STI are 50k…

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/gtr_usa.asp

^ says its going to be a nissan and not infiniti

this is supposed to be the most expensive nissan ever built so i’m guessing at least 80k since it will be competing against other super cars like the viper and corvette and upcomming nsx.