Brands of car security system

Hi I was just looking around for security systems for my car since some inconsiderate person hit it in the parking lot, left a fake phone number on a macdonalds napkin and just left. So yah I i am an avid e-bayer and thought I should check it out. I did and their are a bunch of two way lcd systems but have no name. How trust worthy are these systems.
Thanks for your comments.

Someone hit my car while it was parked on the street in front of my house!

I was extremely pissed off and wished I had a video camera… Unfortunately I had a $1000 deductible on the car and no one left a note. I asked my neighbors if they saw anything but nothing came to fruition.

(I brought my car to carstar to get fix, they did a good job…)

fortunatly it only cost me 200 to fix. I didnt want insurance premium going up and stuff.

What kind of car do you have? depending on the year of your car, it might be equiped with an emobolizer so you will need a few parts too.

as far as brands, I prefer the stuff you see at your local Best Buy or Futureshop. (i.e. Compustar, Viper, Nustart).

its so stupid! how we legally HAVE to have insurance, but when something happens we never call em to get them to fix anything since we will end up paying for it ourselves and then some due to a increase right after a claim!!!

so stupid!

about the alarm, id go with viper brand personally, i always run their stuff and never have problems… you could go all out and get gps tracking too!.. just think of if you have a problem, who would you call with a no name brand? do you think they would back their stuff up?