Breaking in new gloves?

Just got a new pair of SP-1s and the pinkies are the only finger that are kinda uncomfortably tight.

Are there any tips/tricks to break these in or soften them up? Or should I just ride, ride, ride?

:nerd:

You can use leather conditioner and just wear them around the house. They have that stuff at like Dicks and shit for baseball gloves. I forgot about it when I was at your house yesterday.

Won’t that [dr. glove I think] make them all oily and slippery on the grips?

Well you will have to dry them properly silly. Don’t just dunk the gloves in it. Apply a bit to the outside and wear them around. Then wipe them down nicely before using them on the bike.

This is just to speed up the process. Simply wearing them on the bike will loosen them up over time.

Ahh. The baseball glove conditioiner I have is like straight up oil, and leaves the leather very oily, even after it soaks in. Maybe i’ll try a different conditioner

Wear them while you’re working at your desk. Do not explain them to anyone.

Yeah, get something that you can bake maybe?

I don’t know how biking gloves will hold up, but for any baseball mitt I ever used I got this stuff that you put on, toss in the oven on a low setting and it will come out softer, but not oily.

But anyways, yeah just ride.

use them everytime you j.o.

I know some guys wear their gloves/leathers/boots in the shower then let them dry. I usually run new gloves under some water to get them wet, then wear them till they’re dry.

thats what id do.

id do that too.