Good mechanics gloves

Lately i have been doing a bunch of work on my car installing the S/C and my hands are getting insanely dirty, i have good hand cleaner, but it isnt perfect, and my hands are all dry/cracked…

I have had a set of mechanix gloves back in the day, but i never liked them cuz i never had a good “feel” for what i was doing…

anybody had any good luck with anything lately?

I have been using some HF $0.99 cent gloevs for stuff.

Its just a crappy yellow coating on a fabric glove but it works.

I have a set of mechanix gloves that were originally a size to small. They are beat up, ripped, and fit perfectly. They have a great feel IMO

Are the ones you have too big or those gay padded ones? That could make a difference.

I had the old school blue mechanix gloves too.

I was usually took them off for detail work.
But, replacing my roof shredded them in about an hour :frowning:

I’ve got two pairs of Mechanix gloves: One with thicker gel padding for really heavy wrenching or impact tools, and another lighter-duty pair when I need more feel/dexterity.

I also use black nitrile golves for even lighter needs.

This combination has worked very well for me in the past.

THe ones i have arent too big… but when trying to feel for bolts or stuff like that, i always end up taking them off…

They are beat to shit 2… i need new ones anwyays, i used them for welding and they have a lot of little holes in them, and the palms are starting to go through

i thought about those nitrile gloves @ HF, but i would imagine they would keep ripping on things

lol. The tops of almost every finger is ripped through. So that helps with feeling out bolts and stuff I guess.

I could use a new pair.

I grab disposable nitrile gloves at work and use those. They rarely rip, and when they do I just grab another. I have craftsman mechanics gloves but unless I really plan to beat my hand or grab something hot I don’t wear them.

Try putting hand lotion on before you work on your car. Makes cleaning your hands afterward a piece of cake.

thats not a bad idea, and i can smell vanilla while changing my oil!!!

Genius
http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2004/12/27/inside1-guinness.jpg

I love the “Raven” gloves sold by NAPA. They are a latex or nitrile style and they seem to last forever. They go for about $15 a box of 50 pair.

My favorite by far.

Edit: These are the black ones and are nitrile for sure. They last waaay longer than the blue ones from before.

lol

I use Mechanix gloves but i bought them a size small so they have a nice tight feel. Never had a problem with them.

I usually wear nitrile gloves and then “carpenter” gloves over them (the ones with three finger tips cut off) - so I get some degree of protection from busted knuckles. And hot things…

:picard:

I’m a fan of the blue nitirle (sp?) gloves from harbour freight. $9.00 for 100 pair. they dont offer protection from busted knuckles but keep my hands clean

:tup: to these. used them last friday when i had to put a radiator in a car.

we use Diamond Grip latex gloves, cheap and work. Blue Nitrile gloves are great if you can find the right thickness, not too thin but not too thick.

Heck yea they do, we get the same kind at work from the mastercarr company, i have yet to rip a pair. Granger also sells them on union.

the new VB is lame…

whenever i go to copy a pic into an email i always just copy the picture and paste it…

well i did that twice into the reply before i realized what was going on…

nothing shows up, so its like you didnt do anything

then you hit reply and that garbage shows up… oh well

I guess i am going to try to pickup a set of those nitrile gloves… everybody is making fun of me cuz my nails/fingers are dirty @ work…

its not like im a friggin doctor, who cares