Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position Experiences, Bueller, Bueller???

any one have any first hand experience with Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires?

I need a tire that I can drive below 36°, but I do not have a need for an true winter tire, average snow fall is <1" annually.

So, discuss??

Thom I’d just buy a summer performance and pussy foot it (or slide it) during the cold months and take public transpo the two days a year you get snow. But that’s me.

ready.
set.
go.

For use in Dallas? When you do get that 1" of snow, won’t that be basically a state of emergency? Don’t bother, just get a straight summer tire.

I have PS2’s right now, and I have basically been pussy footing it… I thought of public transportation and looked at it but it would take >2 hours to get to work, (stupid not being near a train station for work, about a 15 mile commute each way).

I don’t need another set of tires right now, I just don’t want to burn through my current set from me driving like a jackass…

and apparently if it does snow more than an inch we cancel work, which is cool, but if thats the case I want to go out and have fun.

If that were the case I’d tell you to get a set of used Hakkas or M3’s off ebay and burn them till spring.

those looks like a competitor for the new falken 912 that I put on the woman’s car and rate highly for a good all season

did you sell the truck?

truck is gone, in the next 3 months it would have needed tires, brakes, u-joints, plus it had 190,000 miles on it, I took a hit selling it considering what I have done to it in the past two years, but it is gone.

im surprised you dont already know everything about them:bloated:

go to tirerack and read people’s reviews.

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:9,topic:40121"”]

im surprised you dont already know everything about them:bloated:

go to tirerack and read people’s reviews.

[/quote]

:poke:

you are a quick one aren’t you, go to tire rack, hence my link in the original post…

go drive your focus off a cliff…

I liked the PS2 more than the 50’s but both are useless below like 40-45 degrees. Get some cheap all-seasons on smaller rims and call it a day.

edit, whoop, 960, not 50. my bad - but uh I wasn’t impressed with the old 9xx stuff, Aaron had them on his maxima a while ago. Dunlop Wintersport M3, Hakka WR (their all-season iirc) or down there a ContiSport all season or maybe those falkens (good for the money but Pat reports they are USELESS in the snow they got in KC MO on RWD - boxster) and on Joanna’s scooby they GO ok but suck at stopping in more than 1/2" snow.

Hankook RS-2 are surprisingly competent in cold weather (not snow/ice, just cold or cold/wet pavement) and similarly grippy to any of the top-notch tires. Add in great rain abilities and a LOW price, it’s a hard tire to beat.

[quote=“66impalass,post:10,topic:40121"”]

:poke:

you are a quick one aren’t you, go to tire rack, hence my link in the original post…

go drive your focus off a cliff…

[/quote]

lol then wtf r u posting and wasting space on the internet for?
:wstupid::word:

Shut up and go “drive” a new “M3”.

get a set of stock conti’s on the m3 forum for cheap, they do ok in cold weather