Tire Talk Round 2. V. Bridgestone Potenza Grids

I have pretty much narrowed my choices down on the next car that I will be buying. Pending on some last minute details… I should know which car I’ll be buying over next couple days.

I have a decent hookup on a set of Brand new Bridgestone Potenza Grids G-019s

http://www.tiremedia.com/images/tire-big/bridgestone-potenza-g019-grip.jpg

One of the cars I’m looking at has 2 sets of wheels, one has Azenis on it, the other is a set of snows (that will need to be replaced before winter) My question is how will these tires fair in the winter on a RWD car. ALSO, how will they do for a summer tire, obviously the Azenis would be the better choice for the occassional trackday/auto-x. But for spirited street/snow/decent ride/lasting tires. What are your opinions on these?

The other cars I’m considering are AWD so I have a feeling this tire will be fine in the snow and on dry pavement. But insight there is appreciated too.

Thanks
-Will

if your car is RWD, and you want to move from 0-30 in under 2 minutes I suggest you pick up some snow tires.
As for those tires ^ i;m not sure how they are…

if you have a set of 'zenis and snows, not not rock the Azenis in the summer and snows in the winter?

snows is almost shot. ^^^^

I havent seen the azenis, but the snows are on the car still :lol: :lazy:, and they need to be replaced before the snow falls if im going to run them

night bump

If I got nothing to do tomorrow, I will dig up info on these. I need something to do anyway lol

Seems like they will be fine for regular driving. Long tread life, decently thick sidewalls. What car willy? the ones we were talknig about before?

therussian?

If you can snag those tires for what you told me you could, it’s definitely worth it. If they suck, just roast them off. Usually I’d say go with a devoted summer tire in summer, and a devoted winter tire in winter, but the price you told me is stupid cheap, so why not.

^^ hahaha :clap:

Dude, just purley my opinion but… All-season tires fucking suck in buffalo winters. The only people who should be allowed to use anything but snow tires through our winters should have AWD. FWD and RWD with all-seasons in the winter really suck in comparison to even some of the worst snow tires out there. Snows are super cheap, save some more pennies and keep doing what you were doing with the two different sets of wheels and tires. You had it right from the start and now you want to run shitty all seasons. ACK!

Good luck whichever route you go. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, be sure to swing by Swerve Motorsports to get your tires mounted and balanced.

right now i have a place about a mile from my house that does mounting and balancing for free lol. If that ever disapears, I’ll be sure to give paul a call. Maybe even when winter comes and i need a set of snows, ill do the same, too.

I have G009s and really like them.

And they’re not made in a sweatshop. Well, maybe, but the workers are at least paid enough to be able to live…

They’re fine in the winter. I went snowboarding a handful of times in my car and felt a lot safer than I did in my dad’s CR-V with awful “Turanza” pieces of crap. I also have narrow tires, though.

:hay:two sets of wheels, hence just buying a set of snows would be better, its stupid to by a set of all season.

if your geting a rwd car u better come drifting with that slut

it’s really tough for me to help ya out without really knowing what kinda car your getting…post up more details and i might be able to offer some useful advice :wink:

When the details are final with the car/cars im considering, I’ll let you know :wink:

you own a set of summer wheels and a set of winter wheels… and you’re looking at all season tires.

FAIL unless the other set of wheels has track tires or you’re driving tons and tons of miles and need them to last.

I can pick up an entire set for around 200 bucks, for 17 inch wheels. so there.

at that price, buy them, sell them for a profit since you can get them for 50% of what tire rack is asking. That’s what I did last time I got a crackhead deal on tires that were meh.

or just rock them and see what you think… obviously they’re not even close to a first choice, but they can’t be that bad. the closest thing I’ve owned was the RE950 and it wasn’t that bad. but be warned… even tire rack says “ok in light snow”