Bring back AVs & Turn off Sigs

we didn’t know that

:tup:

makes sense, rick

Maybe we should set up a $$$ for avatar, since the $$$ for custom title worked out so well?

i would, if i were you guys :tup:

not saying i like paying for things (i don’t) but meh - i’d do it. you know people would pay :slight_smile:

[quote=“Daddie,post:19,topic:31223"”]

I actually like no avs.

Sigs are cool, lets you express yourself more, and if you fuck up we can take away.

[/quote]

:rant: :rant: :rant: I just want my sig back

[quote=“Rx3,post:20,topic:31223"”]

We can take away Avs too you know :wink:

It’s already setup.

The thing is folks, every avatar has to be stored in our database (even the ones from url links). mass storage of 2000 + avatars = Bandwith :bloated:

You’re going to need a really good argument other than I want them" :shrug:

[/quote]

bandwidth? Are you kidding? cap AVs to 10KB

The bandwidth excuse used to be valid…back in 2001

20,000 AVs @ 10KB a pop = OMG 200MB :run: :eek: :crymeafuckingbandwidthriver:

lol

Dear Howie,

If you bring back avatars, this will be mine for an undetermined (very long) amount of time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/zg326/tuffchinoAV.jpg

[quote=“Thong,post:28,topic:31223"”]

Dear Howie,

If you bring back avatars, this will be mine for an undetermined (very long) amount of time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/zg326/tuffchinoAV.jpg

[/quote]

who is that stud, he looks like he is ready to beat some shark hood ass

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:26,topic:31223"”]

20,000 AVs @ 10KB a pop = OMG 200MB :run: :eek: :crymeafuckingbandwidthriver:

[/quote]

• every time those 20,000 load a page with said avatar. If you’re gonna add, then add everything.

Then peoplle will complain about the 10KB limit, and the size of the avatar, wah wah wah.

You have no idea where we are on bandwidth now.

you know as well as I do that people aren’t re-loading an avatar everytime the page loads…cache…

And I have a pretty good idea of where you are when it comes to bandwidth usage.

Obviously it doesn’t matter that much or you wouldn’t allow for attachments and uploaded sigs.

See sig lol

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:31,topic:31223"”]

you know as well as I do that people aren’t re-loading an avatar everytime the page loads…cache…

And I have a pretty good idea of where you are when it comes to bandwidth usage.

Obviously it doesn’t matter that much or you wouldn’t allow for attachments and uploaded sigs.

[/quote]

The bandwidth isn’t nearly the same because not many people use the upload feature on sigs, so our bandwidth hit is miniscule at best ([img] tags :tup: ). As opposed to avatars, which have to be uploaded regardless. As much as you think you might know, you don’t see the actual stats, so you’re just speculating.

At the end of the day, Howie pays the bills, so it’s his call. So far it’s no.

Turn off uploadable sigs. If you cant afford your own webspace for a sig, you’re poor, and we dont want you here.

:lol:

:wink:

:word:

But I’m not mad at you if you’re poor. I’m poor too.

Actually, I just like the clean look.

Most boards I’m on don’t even have sigs or avs.

^Cmon, early christmas presents.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:7,topic:31223"”]

Sigs :tdown:

[/quote]

That is the way we roll on DITB. I hate signature images so much. The lamest are the ones that have the users crappy car with lightning bolts in the background, or overplayed, washed-up band logos.

[quote=“Daddie,post:36,topic:31223"”]

Actually, I just like the clean look.

Most boards I’m on don’t even have sigs or avs.

[/quote]

that’s a lie and you know it…show me a board w/ no AVs

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:39,topic:31223"”]

that’s a lie and you know it…show me a board w/ no AVs

[/quote]

WERA Roadracing forum

Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum