bring back karma.

I don’t know why everyone has such bad feelings about Karma. I thought it actually kept me from being an ass in many cases. I didn’t want to get negative karma for criticizing someone. Now I just let the negativity fly.

Though I do remember getting some bad karma and being quite pissed about it…hmmm.

PS of course I love you guys.

Nope. I was never wronged by JEG.

That was what it was supposed to do. Unfortunately it got abused. People started giving out karma (both positive and negative) for petty stupid crap. We tried, it didn’t work out.

I do appreciate not having to walk on eggshells especially with some of the more volatile characters in our community.

WHAT! ARE YOU CALLING ME CRAZY! Negative karma for you!!!

I got here the week that it was eliminated, so i dont have any thing to really contribute to this thread. But imo what does post count or karma really matter. I know who is who just by username. Some people are productive, some are not. IT seems the ones that are not are being weeded out, and soon it wont matter what your karma is.

If karma was brought back i would just want mine to be terrible.
end of story.

what purpose? i seriously dont see what good purpose it could be. Even though its just now automotive foums related someone can have a ton of posts that have no value while someone else has only like 100 posts and are the most informative and helpful posts on the site.

That will be fixed in the coming weeks.

???

It would be funny if Jack opposed this.

oooo interesting.

Anyone who actually WANTS karma and presents their case on why it should be brought back is a gay racist.

Probably beats kids too.

I would be ok with karma if I could automatically set nyspeed to ignore anyone with negative karma.

otherwise, go continue beating kids…

i didnt use it much, but i kinda liked it

I don’t care… this place got pretty political… mods aim to please, but there are too many people on here who take this place way too seriously.

Don’t quote that part just yet… by “way too seriously” I don’t mean people like Howie who actually have a financial interest here… or JoesTypeS who is only here cause UBRF is just Toda and Choda humping eachother with the occasional member from here and cross posting a thread, or me not doing anything constructive for it. I mean the other people who said well my negative karma is coming from one person and one person only… so thats unfair that I have a red box, and someone else has 8 red boxes… cause I know I’m way cooler.

Karma was fun cause you could call someone a panzy, leave some initials, and it would be better than a PM. Then you had more whiney bitches who would just leave negative karma just because, and then pretend to be someone else and play it off like it wasn’t them. As long as the user leaving the karma is known on all Karma I don’t see how it could get out of hand.

I don’t care, cause I don’t miss it that much… but it was fun for those who enjoyed it and knew it was nothing important to the site.

^ :word: it was just harmless fun…some poeple take things on here to heart, which shouldn’t be the case.

i liked karma, but because it was a good way to tell me if i was posting worthy material and not being a noob idiot. i think karma could be a good thing if it wasnt aloud to be anonymous and that if it was given for a pointless reason its revoked. if someone abuses it they could have that option removed from thier account. It was nice to get positive karma if i posted something that helped someone, it was a good gratification system for me. I think the idea could be explored and maybe a good system of it could be devised, maybe make a new moderator that only moderates the karma so its not something extra for you overall mods that have enough on your plate already.

^^^:word:

i remmeber getting a negative for saying the goatse exhaust tip was a photoshop, and proving it too … lol

i usualy ended my karma comments with “HRK” so that people would know where it came from

was cool signing on and seeing a + for advice i gave in a thread … the suicidegirls karma building was just for fun …

Boy George liked karma…do you want to be like boy george?

-Cheater-