Bringing the Camaro back to life...

BAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHA. I almost forgot about that. We seriously need to schedule that for sometime in November. Got the GoPro this time!

Thats a nice looking ride there, Cant wait to see it come along:)

cool ride

Best of luck with the build. If there is anything I can do to help, just PM me.

Your heart is in the right place no doubt, and the build will just fall into place you will see. Its going to feel god damn awesome when you cross the stripe and achieve the goal. Just make sure you snag the time slip from the guy in the booth quick enough so he doesnt see ya tear up and call you a pussy! :slight_smile: For real though, projects like this will burn good memories into your brain for ever… Keep up the good work!

My pops sold his 67 Chevelle SS 396 and hasnt had a fast car since. He more or less stopped with cool cars when I popped out of my mom and he was tasked with raising a great family. When my brother and I started getting into cars, he always looked on and showed an interest, but hes the quiet, humble type. He wont tell you “good job” he will show you the appreciation some other way, so you have to keep an eye out for it. Anyways, in effort to shorten the KK rant, I would love to find a Chevelle like he had and get him sliding around on a creeper again with us at the shop… so I know how much your project means to you too.

GL with it man!

That thing looks like its in great shape, Travis.

UPDATE: New suspension in, new cap/rotor, fuel tank flushed/filled, carb installed, water filled…

Brakes going on and being bled tomorrow. Gonna get the tires soaking in my buddies ‘secret sauce’ too. New windshield this week, quick test run up/down the road and hopefully the track Saturday!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/141178788/UPDATE_by_SonamyChao.jpg

I accuttly picked me up a new project camaro today:) a 94, and i have some work cut out for me:) ill post a thread soon!

Whoops-pulled out of the driveway and my foot somehow slammed the gas pedal

http://i51.tinypic.com/2556l4z.jpg

YESS!!!

first pic is a red x for me…

then check your system. works fine for me on 4 different computers.

Also works fine for me

Headed to the track Saturday-it was a scramble taking it from not being driven in 3 years to track-worthy in a few weeks, but that’s half the fun. Some mods still need to be done next spring, but if the track hooks it’s got a legit chance at a 10.99!

Hahaha…I hate when that happens;) Road looks familiar.

That is in awesome shape, my father had a '68 Camaro and that was the only one. He did have a nice Firebird then a '78 T/A with a 4spd.

I wish I could have kept my '69 Mach 1 as my father and I were going to do the car together, but finances just were not in my favor.

After 12 hours of work today, it’s as ready as it will be. Just gotta load it up in the AM and we’re headed north. DA is estimated to be about -600 tomorrow:lol

DA here is about 2 feet of snow. Good luck!

Track day! Just got back…

Well, let me preface my story with this-over the last 3 days, I’ve learned how unsafe we had the nitrous set up. We (as many do, and as the instructions tell you to do), had the fuel solenoid getting fuel from the fuel line after the fuel pump. Cool? Well, kinda, but the problem is, is that there are several circumstances that could cause the fuel solenoid to lose fuel pressure (with a mechanical fuel pump and no regulator). No fuel+nitrous=bad. With that all said, I installed a hobbs switch that won’t allow the solenoids to open if the fuel pressure drops below 4 psi (car already had WOT and RPM window switch). Enough tech info for now…

I played around with launch techniques, and got an all time best (by far) pass with no nitrous of11.7@113! The 60’ was 1.6, pretty good considering the track temp was so-so, it was literally 40 degrees out, and there was no sunshine.

Once the NA passes and launches were consistent, I tried the nitrous. Short story-11.2@119. The previous best MPH was 123 (in 75 degree weather), so that was telling me that the nitrous fuel pressure hobbs switch was doing it’s job, and the timeslips confirmed that the car was “NA” the back half of the track. I had rigged up a fuel pressure gauge to the windshield, but my dumbass hit it and cracked the line.

Last pass-the car threw the waterpump/alt/fan belt, and it overheated as I got back to the pits. Tried to restart to move it, and blew the main power fuse. Packed it up and called it a day.

Overall, a good day. Learned a ton, new suspension flat out works, and we know what we need to do in the future. And most important, spent time with dad. He did not take to the cold well AT ALL, and had to spend a lot of time in the truck. Spring is…not around the corner, but hey, we will order some parts over the winter (really just the nitrous fuel system upgrades and a few misc things), and do it all over again.

-T

Congrats!!! I was gonna ask if pops was there to see it but it looks like he was.