Broke 2 Manifold studs that hold the turbo on.

Hey guys.

Well I somehow managed to shear off two studs off my manifold where the turbo bolts up. As well, a nut fell off the other so there’s only one nut/bolt holding my turbo on now.

I’m gona have to replace the studs but to do that it’s gona envolve taking off my manifold, turbo, extension, unbolting the downpipe from the extension, removing the coolant feed/return line and the oil feed return line. So I could use a little help with all that to get it done quicker.

If by chance anyone has a portable air compressor, air hose, impact gun and impact sockets and would’nt mind letting me borrow them for the day that would great. Otherwise I’m just gona have to use my hand tools and hope no other studs snap.

I don’t know my schedual as yet but most likely if anyone is free to come by my house next weekend that would perfect! I really need people with mechanical experience who know what there doing so we’ll get this done quickly and with as little problems as possible. I believe I should have all the necasary tools but if anyone feels that they may something to make this easier, please feel free to bring it by. Hopefully this won’t take more then a couple of hours ish.

I know the reason why this happened and I’m going to fix the problem by getting Varun’s Megan Racing down/flex pipe to releave the stress on the studs. Having my manifold slotted solved one problem but created another but at least it’s fixable.

So anyways guys please let me know if you can help out with this. I live in the Oshawa area so you can have a rough idea of how far from your house to mine it is.

Take care and thanks very much in advance.

Bruce 8)

Sorry Bruce but this may be all the help I can offer.

I once broke a stud holding the VLSD, out came this cool tool, and eccentric stud puller, like $20 @ princess or something.

It was the perfect tool as long as after you remove the ‘flange’ the stud holds, there is some stud ‘hangin’ out for it to grab.

Sorry I can’t help directly but…

Invest in an elect. Impact gun. They’re like $65CAD (you can get one at
Princess Auto). CT had a sale on impact sockets for like $45.

The gun is heavy as f*ck but it got the job done.

Hey thanks for the help guys.

Now as far as the studs go, there should be more then enough left to use a pair of vice grips to twist it out. As well since they have’nt been in for very long they should come out rather easily, I hope.

As for the impact gun, yeah I want one of the nice cordless ones but don’t have the coin to spend on it yet with the new baby here. I’ll see if I can rent or borrow one from CT.

I’m doing this tomorrow and hopefully all will go well and I will be back driving my baby again that evening.

I’ll let you know. Thanks again and take care.

Easy 8)