Broken Steering Knuckle

Car is 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer. Changing the wheel bearing and the section for the tie rod broke off. Don’t ask…its a long story and I’m pretty pissed about it right now lol. Do I have any other options besides buying a new knuckle? Cheapest place to buy one? Thanks

if you cant find one at a junkyard get ready to bend over

best i found so far was $191 2nd day shipped from www.mitsubishicyberstore.com. anyone else find a better price?

I busted mine almost in two in an offroading injury. My mechanic said 400 new or he would weld it for labor. I offroaded the Jeep for 3 more years on 33x12.50s (120lb wheel tire combo) with zero issues.

Blackout, Are you saying you bought the new one or you got it welded? Would it even be safe to weld the tab back on…i really don’t think it would but this has never happened to me before so I’m not sure.

I’m cheap… I had it welded… I don’t remember exactly where it was broke on mine. As far as safety, I relied on his discretion. My wheel bearing somehow broke in half and the wheel ripped the knuckle almost in two

Learn how to use a press or a hub tamer before you work on cars. Diddyh2h broke on a jettacthe other days. 256 dollars later.

it wan’t even me that did it. I’m not really one to blame others for car stuff cause shit happens. I didn’t clearify…sorry. Just lookin to get this solve cheap

I can make some calls tomorrow. Junkyards are not far off from new these days. Do not weld it. That just does not sound safe enough for me.

Do not weld it. For $191 I’d rather live if I were you.

I’m not saying that welding it is safe or unsafe. I’m just saying I put that weld through 3 years of abuse and didn’t break it. The guy who welded it is a member of this forum so he might chime in.

Got a new one from vincents out in akron. Hubs are a different bolt pattern so they gotta get swapped but i should be good. I’ll come back on later tonight.

i rofl everytime i see these threads.

why… because your a douchebag?

finally fixed…thread lock please

no because backyard mechanics eff everything up because they “think” they have a clue. I’m a douchebag because you and your friend are incompetent? Can’t say i’ve ever broken a knuckle, assclown. :noob:

If it’s welded properly it’ll be fine… if it’s hacked you will have issues & it will fail.

Off-road guys, and truck guys do this all the time to properly align their trucks.

This is all assuming it’s cast iron… if it’s cast aluminum… then do NOT weld it…

This is exactly what I was told…