Brutal Winter Driving

Well after changing Career paths and finaly getting the confirmation of my new employment I regretably need to take my car out of storage in order to facilitate my new job. Took it out for a rip tonight… Summer tires(Dont really have the coin for winters or even all seasons after xmas) and talk about brutal!!! Cant really get going… Looking forward to driving the QE2 All winter:cursing:

Your crazy… and congrats on the new job

Get winter tires dude, I can’t stress it enough. . .for your safety and everyone around you. …

I know I know Thanks Ryan!. Well Winters or even all seasons will have to wait a little bit at the least maybe end of jan. I’m hoping i can limp it through till then

Your fucking nuts to be driving on summer rubber. Borrow money or something, shit I could probably get you a deal through my work. You need better rubber, for the safety of yourself and everyone around you. Don’t limp it.

I was a witness in a accedent this morning. Lady had all seasons. I had to brake just as hard as her and out braked her by about 3 meters. And she had a new Civic.

wow …thanks for endangering everyone else on the road. Please update this thread daily with the times you are on the road so we can all make sure we are not

Ya no kidding. :banghead:

Ken even look for some used winters and borrow a few hundred $. to buy them. I have Michelin Alpine II Ice tires and there’s lots of places that im sliding man.

Car’s parked until I can get some winters on.

Check out the classifieds in the paper. Generally have a pretty good deal on 4 tires…now if only I could find the right size…

Good luck finding used, last year for Winter Rubbers for 225/45/17 the ONLY mfg last year was Michelin with the X-Ice and Alpine Pilots. Now most of them make that size but its a special order size :slight_smile:

215/50/17’s are the same thing
and those two are not the only mfg.

Hence why I said “Now most of them make that size but its a special order size”
But last year I phoned almost ever tire shop in town and that was all any of them listed for my size. Now there is lots of options, but your still looking new uless your really really lucky.

Ken, pleeease get some winters, false economy not to buy them! You’ll end up paying more to repair the damage when you hit somebody. The roads are brutal right now, driving on summer tires is an accident waiting to happen.