buddy's RX blew in NJ. (paging anyone who's got a truck that could help)

My friend was on his way back from PA tonight and his RX7 just blew up in NJ. Anyone wanna possibly launch a rescue attempt this weekend? I got a trailer I can use but no pickup. He’s just gotta decide if he wants to bring the car back or not.

hmmmmmmm if i can somehow, by some miracle, get sat off from work i’ll be up for it but i doubt i can get it off

FC or FD rx7?

FC

thanks, I’ll update y’all on what he wants to do tomorrow when he decides. It’d just be sad as hell to see a car like that go for scrap

apex seals strike again!

ill scrounge up a truck and trailer, only thing is, my payment is the car. lol.

he may go for that. I’m pretty sure he’d be happier to see it go to a good home than to scrap

oh yea, and it wasn’t apex seals, the coolant gasket or something went bad on the exhaust side, so it was pressurizing the coolant system and blowing the cap off the radiator.

easy to fix with transmission fluid

my friend was going to trade his car for another guys series 5 RX because he needed a series 5 for his turbo swap…but the guy put regular spark plugs in it :headbang

Whoa!..as in put standard plugs in the FC motor?? Doubly whoa! Rotor swipe…that could be ug-ly inside.

My tow truck lost its brakes last week and I’ve been too busy to pull the damn thing inside and fix the issue so unfortunately I’m of no use.

yea he said it barely idled or started up at all. The guy was like yea I have no idea what’s wrong it was running fine a week ago only thing I did was put plugs in it. regular spark plugs FTL

for those of you that don’t know rotaries that well it’s the difference between this

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/ngk-2467_w.jpg

and this

if you put regular ones in it it’ll smack the apex seals and kill the rotors

ok, he’s gonna bring it home. So if anyone can help I’ll pay for gas

:nod and destroy the housings too(gouges the wall). Essentially looking for a core motor at that point. Stupid mistake, but not uncommon.

Time for an LS1 swap.

:rofl Did your help depend on the answer to this question?

Mine did. :shifty FD and I’d be there right now.

No for real tho, call AAA.

RX7 blow up? NO WAY

Suprisngly I would love to get an RX 7 rebuild it and have it for a beater lol

I wanna take a swing a rebuilding a rotary

He’s planning an LT1 swap when he gets it back

haha maybe… FD ftw