Buffalo Bills 2008 Off Season Discussion

Toronto Bills -The worst thing to happen to buffalo sports…:frowning:

or the best.

According to NFL.com and Other Sources:

Bills making strong push for NY Giants OLB Kawika Mitchell
Jacksonville DT Marcus Stroud in for physical (Trade Possibility)
Jacksonville WR Ernest Wilford- Bidding War between Buffalo and Miami

bills sign Kawika Mitchell

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=3093

^^wrd just read that.

i like it :tup:

bills making some decent moves for once.

Wilford is the type of WR they need…they have 82 small slot receivers and no one with any size.

i heard they were looking at a 2nd round pick for Stroud

id take that in a heartbeat!!

and I agree on Wilford. He could make some big plays for us

2nd Rd Pick would be a lil steep for Stroud…Hopefully one of two 3rd Rd picks and a 5th or 6th similar to what the Jets gave the Panthers for DT Kris Jenkins

i must say, i’m impressed with the Stroud and Mitchell moves, the defense should be pretty damn solid with everyone coming back that was injured last season as well

I know i say this every year, but this might be an exciting year. hell last year coulda been exciting if half the team didnt get Injured. I think if i defense can stay healthy we might be half decent. may i say better then a .500 team??

yea…it would have been nice.

but didn’t he go to Miami?

yea, was posted before that happened.

as a chargers fan my excitement for free agency comes a year later when they get compensatory draft picks for ppl they lost. woohoo. :frowning:

yea not much going on there… atleast pretty much everyone is coming back tho

Bills Entertain Three
Nick Mendola - Tuesday, March 4, 2008 - 2:27 PM

(WGR 550)- Offense, defense and special teams were all represented during Tuesday’s round of free agent visits to One Bills Drive, as safety Marlon McCree, tight end Ben Troupe and fullback/special teamer Corey McIntyre met with the Bills brass and the Buffalo media.

Marlon McCree spoke first, and has impressive credentials, manning both safety spots in his career that includes multiple AFC Championship Game appearances with the Chargers.

“I’ve got a reputation of being a hard-hitting safety,” McCree said. “I would’ve liked to play in San Diego, but things didn’t work out that way.”

McCree has 421 tackles, 16 interceptions and three sacks in 106 career games, and has a connection with Buffalo’s Perry Fewell, who taught him “all he knows” as defensive backs coach in Jacksonville. McCree had his most success, with six picks, under Fewell in 2002 before spending time in Houston, Carolina and San Diego. He plans to speak with the Broncos and Panthers still, and to make a decision by Thursday or Friday.

If there was a player of the three with the necessary verbage to latch onto Buffalo’s heart, it was McIntyre, who said the Bills were looking for someone to clear the way for Marshawn Lynch.

“Being more physical than lateral,” McIntyre said. “That’s all the way in my game. Bonecrusher — that’s me. I just love hitting.”

Saying the only difference between him and a linebacker were whose hand started on the turf, McIntyre talked about his prospective future teammate, and how his legs never stop “churning,” even after contact.

“That’s a hard runner,” he said. “I think that’s ‘Beast Mode’ is what coach told me? He’s good, and it’s only going to get better for him.”

McIntyre said special teams were his heart and soul, and spoke of his respect for Buffalo’s unit. He didn’t leave before describing what the Bills want, and how he views himself.

“A nasty, nasty get-down dirty guy,” McIntyre said. “That’s who y’all are doing the report on now. Not to be cocky, but I just love hitting. There’s nothing soft on me but this jacket.”

Troupe was the most engaging member of the gregarious group, and talked about his precipitous drop in numbers. After 55 grabs during his second year, injuries and the emergence of Bo Scaife and Ben Hartsock banished him to special teams. He sees it a different way.

“It’s an pportunity to keep my career going,” Troupe said. “Last year, the Titans were saving me for the next team. I’m coming in eager. I don’t have to be the focal point. You just want to be on the team that wants you — not just catching the ball, but blocking as well.”

Troupe, who’s already visited with Tampa Bay, is interested in becoming a Buffalo Bill.

“The tight end position is steadily evolving in the league, and the Buffalo Bills don’t want to be a team to take a step back,” Troupe said. “Buffalo went to what? Four or five Super Bowls? We can win one down here, so let’s make it happen.”

http://wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=3111

a guy here at work just told me he heard a rumor of a possible trade with Detroit…Losman and Evans for Roy Williams. Id take that in a heartbeat considering Williams contact money was all paid up front. I guess his cap hit is only 800k this year and 900k next year. anyone else hear anything like that?

could be interesting

McCree was the weak link of the secondary last year with the chargers…He is a decent hitter but sucked when he had to provide help over the top.

Schedule will be released in about in hour

2PM

^ How long now?

Wk Date Matchup Time
1 Sept. 7 Seattle Seahawks 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 7 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 at St. Louis Rams 4:05 p.m.
5 Oct. 5 at Arizona Cardinals 4:15 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Bye
7 Oct. 19 San Diego Chargers 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 19 at Miami Dolphins 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 New York Jets 1 p.m.
10 Nov. 9 at New England Patriots 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 17 (Mon.) Cleveland Browns 8:30 p.m.
12 Nov. 23 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Miami Dolphins (at Toronto) 4:05 p.m.
15 Dec. 14 at New York Jets 1 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 New England Patriots 1 p.m.

yep, theres a reason why he was let go :stuck_out_tongue: