Buffalo Bills Relocation

The Buffalo Bills will soon be for sale. When the owner dies, a function of his estate is to sell the team.

No one in Buffalo has the money or the interest.

A group of Toronto businessmen have already made an (declined) offer of $1 billion USD for the New Orleans Saints.

Now that the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar, it’s become much more appealing to put an NFL franchise in Toronto. The Canadian group has the money to buy the Bills, has pledged to renovate Rogers Centre or build a new facility, and it would only be a 100 mile relocation, which could ensure that the fan base stay relatively intact. Sales reflect that over 10,000 Bills tickets are sold to Canadians every week.

Throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing is that Los Angeles, a city that failed to sustain either NFL team it possessed, wants another shot.

Thoughts?

I’d love to see the Steelers kicking the shit out of the Bills in Toronto.

did you hear that buffalo will be playing an exhibition game next summer in Toronto? and then as early as the 2009 season they will be playing a regular season game there. they said it was to increase the fan base but with the information you just posted, I doubt thats the true reasoning. They want to see if there is the fan base to pull off an nfl team in canada.

never happen…the bills are like the packers are in green bay.

also, to say 10,000 bills tickets are sold to canadiens is VERY misleading… considering how close buffalo is to canada… that’d be like people comming from cranberry to see the steelers.

lastly the NFL knows better than to let the saints leave NO after katrina or the NAACP will come marching in… no pun intended

problem with a nfl team in canada, is that the all CFL teams will fight against it, not to mention the nhl plays at the same time, i doubt football could compete with hockey in canada

I was waiting for a joke to appear

What person wants to cross the border to watch football? Getting in and out of the country sucks anymore. + the traffic up their is a nightmear.

i went back and fourth with just my licence. its not bad…yet.

Its changing soon, i think in 08 maybe you will need a passport. I forget what that law said when it was passed a few years back.

i heard the first but they are thinking of pushing it back agian

Interesting. Do you have a reference to this information. Personally I can’t see Goodell letting the Bills leave B-Lo. Just because no one has the money in B-Lo to buy the team does not mean an outsider couldn’t buy the team and keep them there. Anyone could buy a team you do not have to be from the city where they play!

I would care if it was a cool team, but if you get to the superbowl and choke as many times as Buffalo maybe you need a new city and a fresh slate to start on. :gives: :smiley:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w58/landry0532/cum.gif

:rofl:

the CFL had teams in America in the early 1990s, so they can’t say anything.