Buffalo Cops: Tickets Galore

According to a Buffalo news article, and from what I’ve heard recently from Buffalo residents, the coppers are handing out tickets like crazy. It seems they’re unhappy about the wage freeze imposed by the control board. So, what better way to get even than take it out on the people violating the vehicle and traffic laws. Just reinforces what I’ve done for years, don’t travel to, or through Buff, unless it’s unavoidable. So, what say you boys in blue, is this how you expect to get sympathy from the public for your lack of raises? Yah, yah, I know, guilty as charged. But come on, “not a complete stop at stop sign”, while he’s writing my bud for this a bank gets robbed (really). Are parking tickets a priority? How many unsolved murders are there just this year alone. Oh, I forgot, the union prez. reminds us, that’s how “Son of Sam” was busted in NYC for his murders. Great police work guys, keep it up.:rant:

you can’t compare murders and traffic violations.

and those people investigating the murders, are usually called “detectives” and “investigators”.

and those people giving out traffic tickets, are usually “patrol”.

You don’t patrol for murders. You don’t investigate speed tickets.

If they are making up for their lack of raises, by handing more tickets out, and getting paid a ton, to attend court. It doesn’t seem to wrong to me. THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS.

You can’t get wronged, for doing right. Don’t speed, you won’t get pulled over. Don’t roll through stop signs, you won’t get pulled over.

Do you see a trend here?

iam all good i dont drive in buffalo

Word on that. :tup:

It’s just one more reason to avoid Buffalo.
Buffalo gets better everyday.:smash2:

I know Troopers have to graduate from college but, do Buffalo cops even have to graduate from high school?:biglaugh:

LOL

I don’t mind the ‘more traffic tickets’ thing. it means that they are actually awake when their car is parked on the side of the road, not just sleeping inflicting fear to the decent drivers.

[QUOTE=Mr. Beckington]you can’t compare murders and traffic violations.

and those people investigating the murders, are usually called “detectives” and “investigators”.

and those people giving out traffic tickets, are usually “patrol”.

You don’t patrol for murders. You don’t investigate speed tickets.

If they are making up for their lack of raises, by handing more tickets out, and getting paid a ton, to attend court. It doesn’t seem to wrong to me. THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOBS.

You can’t get wronged, for doing right. Don’t speed, you won’t get pulled over. Don’t roll through stop signs, you won’t get pulled over.

Well if “patrol” is writing parking tickets, who is on patrol for bank robbers making their get-a-way? I doubt they get court time for parking tickets. When some freinds got assaulted and robbed after a Sabres game they called 911. They were told to come to the station to fill out reports. They told dispatch the punks were still in sight. Dispatcher said I’m sure they will be gone by the time we get there. Maybe patrol was busy writing parking tickets. Easy money, for crooks and cops.

All I have to say is a quote from Liar Liar “STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSSSS HOLLLEEE!!!”

If you don’t want a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign… maybe next time you should stop :slight_smile: And yes, I’m saying that… the one person who has probably had more tickets and pull overs than everyone here! LOL. But, I havent been pulled over in a year, cause… I followed Jim Carreys advice. OK… thats a lie. I bought a radar detector. LOL

It is true that you should not break the law but, when you are used to a certain amount of enforcement it is no fun when they suddenly increase enforcement.
The logic of unions has always puzzled me.
The Buffalo cops are only one step away from being crimminals themselves.
They are a bunch of uneducated thugs.(There may be a few exceptions)

Here is a thought… don’t illegally park?

bank robberies are in amherst not buffalo. well 15 of the last 19 . whats that say for amherst.sorry to rant but to many family members work at banks

my take on the police is this, cops fix nothing, they come in after the fact, harass the shit out of the people involved then write tickets for some fines. They are armed tax collectors, if you think that they are more than that, look at the income brought in to the city and county from tickets.

wow.
and your serious about this…

:lol: fucking brilliant!

I would be, if cops were there to HELP people they wouldn’t have such a fucking chip on their shoulders. The only way they ever got respect is through their badge, and that is the only reason they tried to get that badge in the first place. There are few and far in between cops that are cool, most of them need to spend some time in the real “crime areas” and stop harassing people that gave them a dirty look or drive a nicer car than they ever will.

X…

I’ve been around high ranking people ( star generals and such) and they had authority threw respect, not true with cops. I’m dead serious. Look at the requirements for just about any police force, they want 2 year degree or 2 years active military experiance. I have the military part down, but there is no friggin way i wana be associated with these bafoons. And as a side note i’m friends with many cops, one is the head of buffalo IA and a fromer deputy commissioner, but even they will tell you that 90% of the police running around are dicks, and dumb dicks at that. There are 10% that are good, but i never run into them when i need something.

Saying that most cops are asshats and saying they “fix nothing” are a little different.
Even I agree the standards to be a cop are to low and the most are dumb.
I believe, The majority of cops goal is to help people.
It just like society I think ~50% of the people i see daily are morons therefore i am willing to give about 1/2 of the poilce force is just tough guys with a badge.

You also must take into consideration when you meet said cop.
If you are doing 70 in a 45 they are already pissed at you for speeding like a moron. thus the chip.

You’d think the cops would stop writing so many tickets so the city loses income. Then they would be giving the city government payback for the pay freeze. By writing more tickets they are just making more money for the city government that they will never see.