Buffalo Schools - :picard: v.mishandled sex abuse

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/16781931.html

Some are questioning why the Superintendent claimed he didn’t know about the accusations even though the teacher sent him a certified letter about it

Doctor James Williams signed for the letter back in November. It’s from a teacher who says she saw an aide fondling a student at the Discovery School. But when the accusations finally became public recently, the Superintendent said it would have been dealt with sooner had he known about the situation earlier.

The Superintendent’s spokesperson is now issuing a statement saying the superintendent gets “hundreds, even thousands” of pieces a mail a week. They are forwarded to the appropriate department and Doctor williams does not remember reading this particular letter sent in November.

:picard:

Williams, and the Buffalo Teachers Federation are a joke.

/thread

so some dude was just shaking it for the kid :gotme:

but really no good

I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought it was bullshit and dismissed it altogether.

:elmo:

does you mom work for buffalo school’s

Williams is a joke. The BTF, I disagree.

So after the letter was sent the person who sent it didn’t follow up? I’m a teacher and if I saw that shit I would make sure somthing got done.

No, her trailer is in 14606. Can’t you read?

You’re honestly going to stick up for Phil Rumore? :bloated:

Teacher: Good
Buffalo teacher’s union: Bad

nah, he pretty much sucks. I’m talking the membership of the federation, that get portrayed as greedy and always trying to take more when they usually have the fight just to get the district to honor their promises…

No, there are a lot of great teachers who do the job because they want to teach kids and make a difference. Unfortunately, in Buffalo anyway, they are represented by a terribly corrupt union that doesn’t give a shit about kids and only wants to grab every penny they can, often at the expense of the kids.

http://publicbroadcasting.net/wned/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1247274&sectionID=1

Dr. Williams says a number of mistakes were made throughout the process, the first being the failure of that teacher to report the incident to child protective services.

“A teacher, by law, was required to report this incident…that was the first mistake,” Williams said.

Williams says the aide, who was only recently removed from the classroom, should have been removed immediately.

Board member Christopher Jacobs says the proper protocol for handling such an incident was not followed.

“All the people who needed to know, already knew. The problem was they didn’t act in the right way,” Jacobs said.

Dr. Williams apologized for what he called a system failure. He says the focus now should be on preventing a repeat incident.

Yea… restores my faith in BPS

buffalo schools are so stupid and corrupt, and the super intendent is the biggest piece of shit douchebag ever, btw this is coming from a student who was booted from school due to corrupt teachers/assistants

fixed.

qft haha