buffalo state university police...real cop or rental cop?

as title states…are these guys real cops or rental cops? wondering if theres any hope of getting this dropped or if im SOL and gotta pay it.

i was pulled over yesterday, dude says he pulled me over for my tints, puts meter on, says its darkest hes ever seen and writes me a ticket. this was on grant street infront of campus, not within the campus.

this is the same dude that wrote me a parking ticket for the parking permit sitting on my dash under the mirror instead of affixed to the mirror last year. fucker.

I got a couple of tickets at Buff State visiting friends when I was younger. Never paid a single one and they never did anything about it. Not sure how relevant that is today as this was 10+ years ago.

real cop

UB cops have the same power as state troopers…

Buff State idk

But I assume it’s the same

Yes i believe they are pretty much state police,

Same powers as state police.

You can ignore Buffalo State Parking tickets, assuming you never need them to release your transcripts, but tickets written to NYS VAT law like for tint are real tickets.

If you’re a student they can hold your diploma if you don’t pay

Yep, all SUNY Campus police are considered State Troopers.

TINTS!

well that sucks. figured.

Absolutely real police.

Fake police. I hear if you can pin the officer fur a full 5 seconds they’ll throw the ticket away.

My comment to this thread is that Buffalo State College is a fucking joke. I’d never consider going back there not would I recommend it to anyone.

I got nabbed for a cell phone ticket at SUNY Cortland, didn’t get a chance to fight it so that took 39 months to clear my record. Buff St would be the same.

absolutely agree. with them lying about how transfering in when the program director came and talked at my 2year school, with all the bulshit ive been having to deal with admissions, having to petition them when they screw up and charge me for classes im not even in, having professors that dont even teach and instead provide you with youtube videos and say “google search” for how to solve endless amounts of homework, and then this nonsense, it sucks. i originally planned to get my masters after this degree but with the bulshit there, no way. fuck this school.

I think UB is a step above buff state but I still dealt with scheduling bs and administration woes at ub. I’m sure anywhere there are tens of thousands of students there are administrative speed bumps

Easy way to tell… Rent-a-cops have square badges, real cops don’t.

:lol:

Here at work, my BSC degree and graduate work is referred to as Buffalo Jr. Community College.
Only 3 cr.hr left. Then I might try to get an MBA and not use it.

This.