Buffalo zip code is jacking up my auto insurance.

And that’s why your insurance is high. It doesn’t matter that you’re not in the ghetto. If you’re walking distance from the ghetto you’re still just as likely to get your car stolen. Actually, probably more likely because no one from the ghetto is going to steal some ghetto POS when they can walk 3 blocks and steal much nicer cars.

Yeah 14223 is buffalo.

I grew up there dude, all our mail comes addressed to buffalo, even though we are in tonawanda…

word that is where I am now too

i live in wheatfield and we don’t have a post office so we use Niagara falls. i also pay more for a “high crime” area when i don’t even live there i just use the zip code

Which parts? I live right on the border on Shenandoah, my street is nice. There is a strong element of Irish in these parts still, no bad elements yet. Now the border on Seneca st. where Burger King starts is a different story, its ghetto as hell there. And yes, south Buffalo is still one of the better parts of the city, just ask my good friend who is a crime scene potographer for the city he will tell where you do not wanna be.

I work at houses in Williamsville that show up on our work orders as Buffalo. That is definitely not Buffalo.

There is a huge difference as far as insurance companies are concerned between having a Buffalo zip (i.e. 14210 or 14215) and living in Tonawanda (14223) where the post office doesn’t differentiate between Buffalo and a suburb on the city/town name on a letter.

The post office goes by zip code above all else. So does the insurance companies. Thats all I was really trying to get across.

Any zip code in WNY that begins with 142 is considered Buffalo. Reason being is that mail is all processed at the huge GPO on William St. in Buffalo. Smaller areas like Lancaster/Depew, OP, Hamburg, etc…all have their mail processed in the actual post office you would visit. Towns like West Seneca, Amherst, Williamsville, and all the other 142s get their mail processed on William St. in Buffalo, then distributed at the destination PO.