Buffalo zip code is jacking up my auto insurance.

So,
I have a house in West Seneca.

We are one block from South Buffalo, in the 14210 zip code.

I changed my address with Geico, they upped my premium by nearly 100 bucks for six months. 100 bucks is like a 20 percent jump.

I called the rep, told them I live in the town of west seneca, with the 14210 zip code. She said sure we will requote it. So i get the quote via email, comes out to be the same exact price with the 100 dollar jump.

When I lived in West Seneca 14224, my insurance was cheap.

My dad lives in the town of tonawanda, in the 14223 buffalo zip code, and insurance there is super cheap as well.

Any thoughts?

well don’t live in shitty areas.

Use your dad’s zip code? and get e-statements?

They do it via zip code. :shrug:

And hope your car never gets stolen and they use your “workaround” as a way to deny your coverage.

yah welcome to the club i have the same zip so im assuming we live fairly close(s.buffalo)

sucks dont it

ilcisdead - what r u talking about south buffalo isnt shitty

eh, they cant really prove where you live/park your car most of the time

Yes, it is.

can you use your current street address, but the old WS zip instead?

lol. true.

Going to lie to the cops too? When they create the police report, which insurance is going to require when you claim the car was stolen, is going to state that the car was at your residence.

are you wearing timbs with a wifebeater and a backwards hat?

they will cover you but good luck getting insurance at an affordable rate again.

Reason # 999999999 to not live in Buffalo.

what street do you live on?

Move.

nope nope and nope try again tough guy

dont own a pair of timbs, dont own a wife beater, and come to think of it i havent wore a hat since i was like 12

The areas on the s. buffalo border in west seneca are rough parts of town.

Dude I live on Burch Ave near Manhasset and Indian Church.

Its not a rough area of town at all.

I’m a short walk from Tim Russert park.

Take a walk 3 blocks into buffalo, its a shitty area.

The taxes keeps that element away.

truth.

14223 isn’t Buffalo. It’s Tonawanda.

When I lived at my parents it was a 14215 zip which is a Buffalo zip but they live in the Town of Cheektowaga. I went to a Cheektowaga school, we have Cheektowaga garbage pickup, Cheektowaga police and fire but I had to pay extra insurance because of the Buffalo zip. I feel your pain.

About all you can do is move.