Buffalo?

Coming up to Buffalo from Pittsburgh for the Pens/Sabres game on Saturday. Any suggestions on good bars to go to in town? We are staying in the city at the Hyatt Regency.

One of my favorites always was Pearl Street Brewery. Great beer and the ambiance is awesome. Plus it’s like a 5 minute walk from the arena.

Goodbar is my go-to bar, as well as most anything on Elmwood Ave. If you’re the douchey-type you could hit up all those bars on Chippewa, they aren’t bad but honestly on a game night it’s gonna be packed and full of under-age sluts and popped collar fggts. Allen St isn’t bad, Brick Bar is the only place I’d go to in that area though.

It depends on the type of bar that you’re into. If you go closer to HSBC Arena, there’s Pearl Street Brewery and Benchwarmers. But you’ll be staying around the corner from Chippewa street which is the highest density of bars in Buffalo. Lots of “club” type bars as well.

I’d personally stick to Pearl Street.

It will be packed on both levels but +1 to this. For downtown, Pearl is a great place.

We should have a beer meet with the Pittspeed guys that come into town.

If you’re coming here for sports, then Pearl Street Grill & Brewery is where you’ll want to go. But expect it to be packed!

[map]76 Pearl Street, Buffalo, NY 14202-4106[/map]

pearl st after a home game makes me want to punch myself in the face

are you a clubbin dudebro? fratboy dudebro? or hipster dudebro? chip, elmwood, allen

Excellent feedback guys. I appreciate it. Theres going to be 6 guys and none of us are into clubbing. The brewery sounds like a winner. Crowds suck but are going to be inevitable.

Cobblestone is another great post-game venue. Since you’re exploring…take the 2 mintue walk there from the game, grab a beer or 2…then head over to Pearl!

Those 2 places could consume a good chunk of time…especially since Pearl has a bubble hockey table (even if it’s in shit condition). I personally can’t get into the beer there, but many people like it.

I agree on not being able to get into the beer at Pearl Street. I really haven’t found a beer there that I really enjoy. I would suggest the Blue Monk down on Elmwood. It will be packed but they have an awesome beer selection if your group is into craft/unusual beers. As you head down Elmwood you could always stop into any other bar you pass that catches your eye.

if you want pretentious sluts, hit snooty fox on delaware. say hi to dj heat.

love the beer at pearl st, but that shit is always butts to nuts packed for a home game.

if you like dive bars, head over to the corner of ellicot and mohawk and see Freek (Mike) at Electric Avenue. make sure to tell him he looks sexy and grab his ass.

Blue Monk on elmwood is great for beer selection, but expect to pay $7+/beer.

Goodbar has a great draft selection as well, but it will smell like hippies. god damned hippes.

coles has a great selection as well, but its a tiny bar area.

allen will be full of hipster chicks and dudes in skinny jeans, but it can be a good time.

jack devines on chippewa is always a good time…rigth on the strip but not a club

100% Accurate though don’t mind being cramped in Coles based on the massive beer selection.

I wonder how many times fellow unknown-to-me-NYSpeeders and I have been in the same bars…Coles, Blue Monk, Hardware, Fat Bobs, Colter Bay, Goodbar, etc. seem to be my settling points.

Probably a ton considering those are my favorite bars that you just listed. I did run into you on Halloween at Brick Bar (i hate that place) when you were with Will (Willybeen) but you were dressed like a girl so it would be hard for me to pick you out again haha.