bugging out this morning

posts are taking a while to post, and resulting in double posts

also, I’ve seen a few database errors here and there. No screen shots, but if I see them again I’ll get a screen shot.

anyone else experiencing it?

^ I’m with you, I had a few data base erros and my posts took a long time to post up.

I’ve had a few database errors. Posting isn’t too bad, but I’ve certainly noticed your double posts. lol

I had a ton of database errors this morning. I couldn’t even get onto NYSpeed by typing in the URL I had to go to Politisuck then click on NYSpeed. LOL

lol…I was looking forward to that one post really playing out

We know.

Stuff is running in the background right now so it’s going to be slow for a few. Double posts won’t happen as long as you don’t get impatient and click the ‘post’ button more than once.

This hardware upgrade has been a nightmare, lol.

What happened last night at about 4am (and briefly this morning) is that there are so many users online that it’s choking our database connections.

And we had this happen last week too:

Dear Clients,

On August 9th, our Chicago (CHI18) datacenter experience a power event in the facility which caused interruption of power to your equipment. The following is an update on the event as well as current information.

Date: 8/9/2011
Time: 6:00PM CDT
Devices Affected: All
Services Affected: All
Impact: Severe
Reason:

At approximately 6:00PM CDT datacenter engineers were alerted to a power event in the CHI18 facility. Electrical engineers were immediately dispatched to the location and arrived shortly thereafter. Power was restored to the facility at approximately 7:20PM CDT and servers were booting up in sequence. Engineers on site began starting servers in a rack by rack fashion to prevent load or surge issues to the infrastructure.

Engineers verified each server within our racks were powered up and responding to network traffic.

At this time the information we have related to the event is as follows:

-The parallel board main input breaker opened.

-The surge suppressor in the parallel board seems to have had a triggering event.

-The UPS System engaged - as designed - and ran for approximately 1 hour on battery

-With the main input breaker open and the batteries spent - power was lost.

-Once on site we energized the main input breaker and the systems came back on line.

Since re-energization we have concentrated our efforts on why. So far:

-We have spoken with our Edison consultant and he has advised that he does not believe this is an Edison problem but is looking into it.

-The 8th floor and the mechanical equipment on the roof are the only loads on the new service so we are confident that the service is not overloaded.

-We are concentrating our efforts on something that has happened within the building which would have caused the spike or surge in voltage which would have triggered the surge suppressor and/or caused the main input breaker to trip.

-Our first look at the PDUs shows that PDU 1 had an overvoltage alarm. PDUs 2 and 3 did not show this condition.

-The generator was not activated as utility power was never lost. This procedure is being investigated and verified.

The datacenter management team has scheduled a meeting with the building management to determine what caused the power failure, what should have been done and what will be done to prevent an issue such as this in the future. We understand this event is unacceptable and assure you we are doing everything within our power to ensure this type of event does not occur. As additional information and a full reason for outage becomes available, we will pass the information on to our Chicago clients.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Increased traffic & growth are good, but sometimes :fu:

MONKEY!!!

More people just need to register and contribute instead of just lurking and taking up bandwidth. There’s always twice as many lurkers online as there are members.