Built a new computer for my mom

had it running on vista, shut it down to move it to hook it up the the network here in my apartment and now Everytime i go to start it up the mobo just beeps at me… it booted Vista just fine, now nothing… any ideas?

this is the mobo

this sux as monday is my mothers birthday and i wanted to have it setup for her

the beeps mean something. how many beeps?

what kinda beeps? does it boot bios?

no bios… beeps just repat and repeat and stop and cycle just tried new ram, no change

how many beeps repeats… if its like a siren usually thats a heat warning.

Beep then 1 second delay then beep… it cant be a heat warning as the computer wont even boot to bios…

doesnt even wake the monitor out of sleep… its gotta be DOA

Clear the CMOS and see if it boots.

Try re-seating everything if clearing the CMOS doesn’t work.

hhmm my computer did this for a little while yesterday. i over clocked it a bit too much and it shut down and wouldnt boot for like 6 hours lol now its fine though…

are you using onboard video?

Clear the bios using the jumper. Remove everything but proc/1 memory stick/hard drive. Reseat what’s there, try to boot. If you can boot begin adding more components.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:10,topic:34650"”]

Reseat what’s there, try to boot.

[/quote]

:tup:

sounds like the ram isn’t properly seated, or the processor…

if the HD was out it would get to at least the bios

Indeedy, depending on the mobo it can mean several things.

At this point just remove power, pull the battery for the BIOS settings. Then reseat Memory, CPU, and video (if applicable)

If it still occurs, remove everything. And see if it will POST with nothing connected besides the necessary parts. (CPU, video, RAM, no drives/accessories)

will try again when i get home,

i pulled all memory , its using onboard video, only thing hooked up was the DVD drive and the hd (sata) ill try to fuck around with it and see wahts going on

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

That might help a bit. The phoenix bios codes are down the page a bit. Id imagine that applys to you. If that doesnt work, just google beep codes and such. Youll probably find useful info. Also try your manufactorer’s website forums. I found that all the problems I ever had with my evga board, were easily solved by checking out evga.com/forums.