Built Powerglide w/ Brake

Hook it up if you know of any local. Trying to see if I can grab a decent used unit before I dish the coin on a new one.

:bigtup:

I’m Carnut and I approve this message.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/3947831050.html

buy a brake

I’m not terribly familiar with glides… so how many passes you think something like that lives with a brake before I need to build it anyhow?

That depends on the torque behind it and how cool you keep the fluid. Other than that it’s hard to tell.

Just go watch some more street outlaws, that muder nova eats a trans every 3 passes

So there you go, 3 passes

Too many torques

Try Comp Transmissions I’m sure they some used one hanging around

747 Erie Ave
NT, NY
Phone (716)692-1901
Fax (716)692-2529
info@competitiontransmission.com

Snip from their website:

Circle Track : With a 1.82 low gear ratio standard, our Circle Track Powerglides are a full manual shift unit with with low drag componants. With lightweight modifications also available, our Circle Track Powerglides can provide first place performance for your race team.
Dragstrip : With a wide variety of options available, we can build a Powerglide to suit a wide variety of needs. From 400 to 2000 horsepower, we can provide you with the glide you need to get down the track. Options available are:
• New aftermarket pumps
• Aluminum and lightweight steel drums
• Billet steel and aluminum hubs
• High horsepower clutch packs
• Kevlar or red-lines brands
• Hardened, 300M or Vasco input shafts
• Billet steel output shafts
• 9310 S/S gearsets
• 12DB straight cut max duty gearsets
• Shorty planetary kits
• Regular or pro-style Trans-Brake valve bodies
• JW Ultra bells and cases
Dedenbear Cases
Deep pans

Or see my brother-in-law…Brian Prior(behind Comps)

Comp trans is building my th350 since you sold yours

I have talked with them already. If I spring for new it will be them. But its 3k+ for a trans and verter from them for my setup.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I have another…

I’ve got a core if needed $50

Comp trans is an excellent company to deal with. They are always at the track, and they have a real fast turnaround. I’m pretty sure you get 1 free re-stall if needed.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/pts/3958683872.html

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

http://scranton.craigslist.org/pts/3947314226.html[COLOR=“Silver”]

I will also vouch for comp trans. The tranny they built for me is now running 4.90’s. They stood behind their converter too when it was too loose. Try definitely aren’t cheap though.

FU.

Gimmie t56

Comp Trans for life! (15 yrs) Does it right or he won’t do it. 1 free adjustment on converter, usually nails it the first time.

Built Glides are the best , most relieable option for old muscle on the street if were talking 750,1000+ wheel IMO. With OD u can casually cruise and whatnot. Ive been in 1200 wheel 8 sec cars and it was awesome.

I should still be able to cruise with it since I am running a 3.25 gear and 28" tire. 70mph = about 2700rpm which I can deal with in an ls based motor.

A 3.50 would have probably been a better track gear but I went 3.25 so I could still cruise at highway speeds no problem.

Also… I drove to cuse over the weekend and picked up a nice glide with a brake. I went with a turbo 400 style converter so I ordered a new input shaft for the higher spline count as well. It is tight so I am looknig at a stall around 3400. I will have it restalled higher if it is a dog out of the hole which it might be unless I can get it to launch in boost and stay in boost. We will certainly find out.

Good choice. I run a 3.08 rear gear with a 28" tall tire. Cruising at 65 is awesome.

3.70’s here, tight converter(400 style w/1200 HP input shaft). U will be happy. Should work good for ya.

Thanks guys