Business networking groups? Networking ideas....?

Anybody on here a member of a BNI chapter, or something similar? When and where do you meet, how much are dues, how would you rate the success of the group on meeting people and making “quality” contacts

I’m looking for networking events/ideas for meeting business executives…

Any networking groups that might help accomplish this would be helpful.

(hence my other post on local forums) Figured id just make a seperate thread, different means to accomplish the same thing… Networking.

Look for professional groups in your field. If you were an engineer I could name a dozen, but you’re not so pancakes. :gotme:

Get into IT InfoTech Niagara I am an active member

I made contacts with a ton of people through there…When people heard I was coming back to Buffalo got 3 jobs offersI have only been back 2 1/2 weeks :lol:

I will ask around about general business networking events…

i went to a BNI meeting this morning as a guest. im not sure how i like it.

i prefer to network the good old fashioned way - through people i know that trust me and that i trust.

InfoTech Niagara has done several events at UB that helped me out A LOT!

let me know, xoxo

I almost went to one yesterday, ill look into it next time I get the chance. Sam, where do you work again?

SelectOne Search, LLC

corporate recruiting firm.

LOL. Willybeen wants to solicit the groups :lol:

http://www.btec2008.com there is an event…

Edit: lol and we are presenting at it eeek

BNI is borderline cult.
If you committed the same amount of time to cold calling that BNI asks of you, you’d be better off and have more money in your pocket.

Infotech Niagara is a better group, but it can be a little too IT-centric for some.

I know there are a few professionals on NYSpeed. Is there enough interest to do a once a month lunch on an invite/referral basis?

i went to BNI this morning, and i was actually wondering that myself. it seems like a very big time commitment, and i have a decent amount of work on my plate as it is.

i would be up for setting up a professional networking group.

Outside of what some NYSpeed members think of me I am actually well liked in the local IT/ business community :lol:

I would be interested…

oh man, if you are in, no WAY am i showing up :hang:

:wink:

:lol:

<3

Im interested in doing the following also. Preferably get a group of professionals in a multitude of fields. (not necessarily NYSpeeder’s :lol:)

what’s better than NYSpeed.com

try these if you move out of state…

ALSpeed.com
NCSpeed.com
SCSpeed.com
CASpeed.com
MNSpeed.com
AKSpeed.com
VMSpeed.com
TXSpeed.com

the list goes on, i’m bored.

bump.

still looking for other possibilities… I was talking with somebody from a Florida BNI who shares my profession, and he says about 60-70% of his business derives from his BNI group.

I’d love to belong to such a successful group.

BEAT THE STREET MOTHER FUCKA!

i could see BNI working well for someone in financial/insurance sales. it just wasnt something that would have really worked well for me.