Buy a full size SUV, get gas at $1.99 a gallon

One problem, they’re hoping to sell 20000 solstices in a year. They sold 13000 Tahoe’s in January ALONE.

And I’d be willing to be the profit margin on a Tahoe/Yukon is considerably better than that of a Solstice/Sky.

A small sports car will never be the answer for a big company like GM. It simply appeals to far too few people. They need a Honda Accord/Toyota Camry beater.

that is such a tall order. first off, typically once someone becomes a toyota/honda buyer, they never look back. my rents were honda people and went back just because of the stupid high resale on used hondas. guess what my mom is driving again? an acura legend and a toyota tercel (and she like the tercel better :cry: .) dad went on a convertible kick a few years back (actually on and off most of his life) and plans on something japanese or german next after the headaches he went through with the turbo lebarons and junk ass j-bodies. he had to get two of each just to prove to himself just how horrible they are.

my point is that the domestic manufactures have to come up with something genuinely good, convert the few people they can over, and hope that word spreads that the product is good. that is roughly a ten year process that should have been started years ago.