Buying a car from a dealer?

I have found a car at a dealer I’m interested in. I have never bought a car at a dealer before and I have no idea what to expect.
Any first time tips?
Are used car prices negotiable at all or is the price the price?

Be ready for tax title dmv fees and sometimes they throw in a “prep” fee. You can negotiate the price based on what the dealer has into it ie did the vehicle need brakes, tires etc. I’ve always went in knowing what the vehicles trade in value is and know I won’t pay a dime more than the trade in is worth. Print outs from kbb nada and Edmunds with matching features and mileage for value helps.

What car are you looking at? Feel free to PM me a link.

• Updated - - -
        @HouseS2K Why wouldn’t you pay a dime over “trade in value”? Trade in value has nothing to do with retail value or market value.
      • Updated - - -

Most used cars are negotiable, but don’t expect thousands off. With the invention the internet, cars are generally priced at market value. No point in pricing a car thousands more than comparables, when the customer can shop in their underwear on a computer. Do your research, find out what the vehicles are selling for in actual market transactions and make an informed offer. A car is worth what the market dictates. KBB can be a good guide, but it’s just a guide.

It doesn’t matter what a dealer has into a car or how much they “own” it for. If you were given a car by your parents, should you be offered a minimal amount on a trade in value, because you didn’t have any of your own money into it? Feel free to PM me.

@Beck West herr has a 2013 135i I’d like to check out. Someone offered me way to much for my daily so I don’t have a car right now. Ive been on the bike. I’d really like to buy @Scotts but don’t know when he will be back. I Need a car sooner than later lol.

[QUOTE=Beck;4684003]What car are you looking at? Feel free to PM me a link.

• Updated - - -
        @HouseS2K Why wouldn’t you pay a dime over “trade in value”? Trade in value has nothing to do with retail value or market value.

Why would you? I’ve worked at car dealerships for years. And I never buy a car from a dealer in ny. I’ve always saved way more and paid trade in value on my last 3 vehicles. 2 from which we’re dealers, Infiniti and bmw and I paid the trade in value for my corvette. Why would you pay a dealer more for a car then they bought it for? Convenients?