Buying a car out of state - Your experiences

bought my Mustang from Ohio…PMed the guy a few times through Corral.net, talked to him on the phone numerous times, and agreed to meet him halfway. set up a meeting spot, drove my truck down there with a rented car trailer, met him at the place right on time, loaded the car up, gave him the cash, had him write me a receipt for far less than i really paid, signed the title over and I was on my way home. only somewhat non-legit part was in the state of Ohio the title has to be notarized with both parties present (or something like that), and the seller’s “friend” was a notary and he had it done prior to the sale. DMV never gave me shit before so i guess it was all good.

I would NEVER buy a car again without physically seeing if first though. You can look at a million pictures of the thing, which I did, but there were still a lot of things that were not apparent to me or not quite as the seller described until I actually saw the car. Granted, I’m almost 100% positive I would have bought the car anyway, but it ticked me off a bit and I’m really glad I was able to trailer it home and didn’t have to drive it. That said, I would say If you are really serious about buying a car, and you’re gonna be spending a substantial amount on it, fly down and look at it first. IMO it would be worth the couple hundred it will cost to fly down there first just to make sure the car is good before you go dropping tens of thousands of dollars on it.