how to purchase vehicle outta state?

ok, ive been wondering on how about doing this since all the cars ive been looking at are out of state.

I plan on flying to the location and driving it back. What do i need to do to be able to drive the car back legally?

I think you need insurance then goto local dmv and get temp tag.I might be wrong though(local to where vehicle is)

insurance and an in-transit permit from the state that you’re buying it from.

Talk to me next time your at the shop. I’ve done it before.

X3.

I think NC offers temp tags, you can get insurance before you get there, then you can register at the dmv in NC

X4. Or give current owner proof of insurance and a HJ to get him to let you drive it back on his plates.

I know NC offers temp tags because I had one on my GTO that I flew down and drove back from Wilmington, NC.

make sure the state (unlike maryland :tdown:) actually offers temps

that sucks, I thought all of the states did.

NC does use temp tags, where in NC are you buying it from? I’m currently in Raleigh.

When I bought the hatch, I had the title in hand and went down with plates and a reg.

I got the title overnighted to me… registered it in NYS flew down with the plates and registration.

:slight_smile: worked like a charm

unless its new though, by doing that youre screwed if you get there and it’s a roach.

thats why they have pre purchase inspectioin services :nerd:

hows that british chick doing… can you give her my number yet?

haha, did you hear how she punched my roommate in the face later that night and he had to get 5 stitches?

But this is general auto so i have to say something car related. What type of car are you looking to buy?

NO!!! I want her to punch me in bed… FUCKING HOT!! and tell me about her favorite football team!

When I did it, I gave the guy a deposit, he gave me the title. I insured and registered the car, and drove it back. This is from Massachusetts.

i totally did this.

LOL I still have the guys plates from when I bought my car. Want them?