Buying a G35

So i went and test drove a G35, i kinda like it but theres a few things that worry me.

The trans grinds when shifting from 4th to 5th. I told the dealership about it and they said they’d take a look at it. I’ll know whats wrong with it by tuesday.

I know these cars have shitty transmissions… How fucked am i if it breaks after i buy it, i know the lemon law covers it for 3000 miles.

How many miles are on it?

Posted from tapatalk

they’re plentiful cars. Go and find another one that doesn’t have problems.

59k for 17k

its the fully loaded sport package too.

LOL as soon as i would have heard the first grind i would have taken it back and left. Unless they rebuild/replace the tranny you wil NEVER feel comfortable owning it. It’s like a half ass repair you make cause you don’t wanna take an extra half hour to do it, next day you spend 3 hours taking it all back apart and doing it right

What year? I feel like there are definitely better deals to be had out there.

The other thing, the only thing I can really add is that the paint on these are pretty thin, roofs very thin compared to other vehicles. This will only be a concern to you if the swirls bother you and you plan on a crazy amount of detailing on a regular basis. The paints on some are pretty maintainable, albeit a bit soft which would play into the aforementioned.

2006, if they don’t replace the trans when they call me back tomorrow i won’t buy it

they wont replace it, theyll let you go and find some way to silence it and sell it to some dingleberry

This.

I think the G35 and 350Z have that transmission problem. The first few version of the trans have that grinding. Not until the CD009 version of the 350Z solved that problem. I have had mine replaced twice under warranty.

The only good thing the NYS Limited Used Passenger Vehicle Warranty can be used for is wiping your ass. Don’t plan on it covering much, if anything.

Walk away. They’ll never fix it properly. I’d have them put it up for you so you can check the ball joints/control arms too. I replace a ton of them.

I did,

I’m looking at a solstice over at basil cars… but they want 18,700 for it… KBB and nada both have it around 16k so i know im over paying. Car is a 2006 with 15k miles.

Salesmen offered me 16,900 with my trade in but still… 2500$ over nada and KBB value sucks

i would tell them straight trade.

there is a brick/plum/red/maroon 350z here for sale in the classifieds. it can also be found on craigslist if you search “350z”

i dont see how you can get a solstice over a Z/G but if it’s from Basil then it’s cool with me.