For the Nissan / 350 guys and gals

Soooooo, just out of curiosity, anyone here have access to 009 Transmissions? :cry:

Any ideas on a price??

Awesome, thanks for the resource.

Oh and fyi…09 isn’t a 350Z, It’s a 370Z. If you can’t find it in the online catalog just call or email Coz, great dude and will see to it you get what you need.

Sorry, I meant 009 as the last part of the Nissan Part numbers. The 009 Transmissions became available in the 2006 350Z, 001-008s were all 350z prior to 2006, and notorious for having terrible synchro rings, thus resulting in some nasty 2nd and 5th gear grindage =(

edit: I appreciate the help though. Google wasn’t very helpful lol.

Yup! That’s the CD009 the most updated transmission that doesn’t have the grinding. You can also check out the my350z.com private classified. I think I will need one soon. Mine is grinding into 5th gear. I’m on my 2nd transmission since 03.

Damn, sorry to hear that. It’s a shame that it was such a rampant issue, even more of a tragedy that Nissan never officially acknowledged it.

The 009s aren’t as expensive as I thought they’d be though, the website that our 300 friend linked has em for just shy of 1800. I was expecting a lot worse because so far the only place I had found via my horrible web-searching skillz was Nissan themselves lol.

Wow, Nissan must have had that transmission built by Ford or GM.

/boardjnky

You ca find it for about $500 plus shipping on the my350z.com. But it will be a used one though. Good luck.

While I lol’d, lets not derail a thread that is about actually helping out a member. This isn’t some hypothetical news article. :squint:

Thanks bud, I’ll check out my350z. I was trying to avoid them, I’ve read quote a few bad things about them on NICO. I suppose they can’t all be bad though eh? lol.

I couldn’t help but lol too, with a simultaneous grimace of gear grinding pain shooting through my spine :banghead:

I’m curious if anybody’s ever used a 300ZX tranny in a 350Z?

I know people have swapped the 350Z tranny’s into 300’s…but the 300ZX transmission is a fucking tank from the factory…and there are thousands of them out there that daily handle 500+ whp with no problems…and it would definitely be a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing a 350Z transmission every couple years.

As far as the possibility, I have no idea. Up until recently I was one of those S-Chassis kids :gtfo:
The 009 transmissions seem to have rectified the Z33 problem with blown transmissions though, so I guess we won’t have to lose our precious 6th gear anytime soon =)

2009 has both 350 and 370.

I’m not even a Nissan guy.

haha

I have an 04 and my transmission doesn’t grind at all.

If you drive it hard enough, then it will grinds. Also how many miles on your Z? Mind was replaced under warranty at about 15k miles. It’s depends on how you drive your Z.

i didn’t know you got a Z too tom!

i know a lot of the local guys here in SD on my350, there are a ton of tranny’s out there. good prices and most of the people are legit. i have about 38k on my '03 350z and it grinds very rarely into 4th but that’s about it. not a big deal, because it happens so rarely but i have heard in many cases where it is the absolute shit lol