Buying a house

i think the realtor would have to disclose that to you. somewhere in the papers you signed its hidden. atleast it should be if it was legal

Article 4 of the Code of Ethics covers disclosure of personal interest in property. “REALTORS® shall not acquire an interest in or buy or present offers from themselves, any member of their immediate families, their firms or any member thereof, or any entities in which they have any ownership interest . . . without making their true position known to the owner or the owner’s agent or broker.”

Pitman quoting the Realtor Code of Ethics.

Be still my heart.

i went to manfred real estate school when i was 18 and graduated top of class. my mom owns a brokerage for many years too.

my mom specializes in cheaper homes. middle class familys. locals support her and she supports local business’s.

Good to hear. My Mom also owns a brokerage.

pjb, if you have good credit and can get a personal loan or likw $10-15k cash i can find you a siickk deal on a forclosure… Youve been to my house, shit is nice as fuck inside and while the street doesnt look too good, i love it… i paid $8,900 for mine lol… obviously before the work, but still

huuhh? $5-7k for a house less then 100k?? I’ve bought 3 houses in schenectady and never paid more then like $1,000

Cool story bro.

I live in Schenectady and we paid $5k in closing costs.

well your an idiot, dunno what else to say? :dunno

I keep forgetting you are Mr. Doneitallknowitall on Shift. :ahh

And it’s you’re not your…and I’m the idiot.

call it whatever you want, ive done and experienced alot of things and like to share my experiences with others, particulary friends so they dont get ripped off like you apprently did…

ill spell wrong on an internet forum all day long before i over pay 4 stacks on a closing on a cheap house in schenectady :skid:skid:skid:skid

Well no shit, I don’t live in a cheap house, the house we bought was 4 years old at the time in a good neighborhood basically Niskayuna, hence why we paid more then $1k for closing genius.

:banghead

pjb said… cheap house… not good neighborhood…in schenectady… sooo… your banging your head, starting shit, when your comparing apples to oranges like a moron… Thats like saying Donald trump just closed on a 700 million dollar building complex and he paid a million in closing costs and basing the closing of a 25k house in schenectady off him…retarded

the more your loan amount the more its going to cost…

I’m so sorry, I overlooked his pricing…sue me. And you are the one who was starting shit with the idiot comment in the first place.

You come on here so much and talk shit to everyone you don’t even realize it.

nope, you started with your “cool story bro” line, which to me is disrespectful, offensive and uncalled for simply sharing my past experiences… You want to be treated with respect, you give it first, you wanna pop wise cracks, thats exactly what you will get in return.

lol

your down payment depends on a lot of different things so you’re both retarded

So sorry, I was speaking from my experience with house buying.

I always forget how many experts are on Shift.

I’m not saying you were wrong, because obviously yours was from experience, there’s just no point in arguing over closing costs when they vary based on the situation

True, I just threw my experience as a reference, but yeah there are soooo many factors that change costs on every detail of house buying its insane!

Ive got good credit, never late on payments and right now my credit card bill is paid off, personal loan paid off and Ive paid over triple my truck payment the last two months.

$8900 is a steal for a house. I wouldnt mind living in your area.

Im not afraid to do a little work and like I said my brothers do remodeling so they could hook me up. Theyre actually redoing the upstairs at my parents house as I type this.

Id like to wait until next year to buy a house just because I want to pay off my truck and ATV before getting another loan so I just have one loan to pay on. I owe less than $9k combined on those two and plan on having the truck paid off in the next 6-7 months, if not sooner and then kill the atv loan.