Buying a New TV: Suggestions?

Basically I have no idea what to look for with TVs now. I’m not a tech guy so I’m pretty much clueless right now. What should I be looking for?

I want at least a 27"
Nothing bigger than 42"
Even though I wont be using HD now, I’d still like HD
Plasma/LCD preferred
Would like to spend as close to $1k or under, I guess if it’s super sweet I would go around $1500.

Anyone want to help me out? Where’s the best place to shop, in a store or online? I’m not in a huge rush, but I’d like to purchase by the end of the year.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4879

pefect tv for me was my 36’ wide screen sony Hdtv

PM viper966 he can help ya out on about how much they go for @ CC

i just got a dell 50 inch plasma, best tv i have ever seen

cheap too.

originally bought the 42 but decided i wanted the 50. Football on a plasma is unreal.

is it anywhere near my price range for a dell plasma?

dell + plasma <>

i like my tv…sony 27" flatscreen WEGA…i wanna flatscreen plasma, but i heard the plasma doesnt last as long:gotme:. although for my next tv itl prolly be somthin sweet likethat.

that’s an old wives tale, there is no problem with plasma and burn in or longevity.

BTW: Dell 27" HD LCD is $999, I bet with coupons you could get it for less. I’m going to pick one up for my bedroom if I can get a 30% off coupon or something.

Viewsonic has a 27" lcd for 650 for the black friday sale. normall 800 i was looking into it myself.

exactly, the plasmas last as long as lcds, just a tad over 20 years, so if u plant on keeping a TV that long, get something else.

dell only makes a few parts from it, the screen is LG, which is one of the best.

The Olyvea 27" at CC is supposed to be one of the best bang/buck purchases according to AVSForums, $799 currently, BF sale price $499.

$1500??? Jeez! I was gonna suggest an APEX 27" flat-screen CRT, but you could get like 10 of them for that much money. lol

How much do you trust shopping online? using froogle.google.com, I found a bunch of 27" LCD’s for UNDER $1k. There’s certainly room for bigger sizes and staying in your price range.

so far i found a sharp aquos 32 for like 1350 after tax and shipping, and a 42 sony wega lcd3 projection for around 1400, they seem pretty decent, anyone?

check the bf2005.com site, i know there are a couple of killer deals out there on plasmas goin on!

Im still in love with my new sony sxrd LCoS 60 incher :drool:

my dad just bought a 60" Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV.

i know nothing about it.

but i know it looks fucking amazing, and produces like 4 times the color megapixels or something than any other tv ever.

idk

it looks bomb though.

i think i’m going to pick up the 26’ syntax olevia from cc. it sounds like a very decent tv, maybe in a year or two when i’m in my own house i’ll pick up something bigger, but this will definitely do for now. plus now i’ll have extra cash for a laptop too