Buying a new (used) car

Basically, I was gonna grab a s14 but im in school (University), no job and no income so im holding it off until i have a steady stream of cash. So i talked to my mom who has a car which needs replacing anyways and here’s the deal. Just like to get some external info.

Ill buy a car now, use it for 1 year. Then give this car to my mom to replace hers. By that time, i should have a part time job and ill buy another car next summer for my self, s14 prob.

Keeping in mine that it will eventually be my moms car. Here’s what im considering right now. Looking to spend $8000 max, under 150,000kms and older then 2000 and auto transmission.

No Nissan Sedan, sry guys but i just don’t like the Nissan sedans, only their 2 doors.

Honda Civic - yes its a civic and boring but its also cheap, economic and an awesome car.
Honda Accord - just bigger then the civic, but Ive driven my aunts a lot (2004) and i like the way it drives and has a good number of options.
Volkswagen Jetta - Cousin just grabbed one. Drives good.
BMW 3 something series - doubt ill find a nice one over 2000 and in good condition but its still an option nevertheless.

No Toyota Corolla, Camry, ect… No Toyota’s. If a Honda is boring then the Toyota is 100x worse. Dont get me wrong, good cars but sooo boring and plain.

So ya, basically any input would help. Im kinda stuck between the civic and the accord. Im kinda leaning to the accord v6 as it has a little extra hp, (140 I4 vs. 200 V6) and it does help when u got a car full of 5 people and stuff in the trunk.

options? inputs? suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Buy my skyline. It’s an inline 6 turbo and a Nissan.

i may grab one next summer but not anytime soon. LOL

what up ranil. grab that s14 asappppppppppp!

btw, why is your email your username? change it.

i have a 1993 240sx coupe auto(as wished) 93000km``s on engine and 208 on pretty colean body e-tested $1700

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44214

you really want that thing gone eh :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say that if u looked hard enough u might find a BMW 3 series for near that price, or u could have an Audi A4 for that much. Both are damn fine cars.

Don’t be stupid. Honda Civic or Accord should be only cars on your shopping list for your mom.
Sorry to say, but A4’s are unreliable heaps. No person that knows anything about cars would ever recommend one to a parent, unless it’s a brand new one and fully warrantied, and that shit is STILL iffy. BMW’s are the same. Jettas are too.
Honestly, get a V6 Accord. Best car for the money period, and they’re bulletproof. You’re never gonna have the same BS that you would with everything else on your list.

Maybe check out a mazda 6? You can find them in your price range 7-8000 Theres one on autotrader now for 7000 2005 152k auto. Theres abuncha them on kijiji also 2004’s with low km and around 7k
My step brother has had one since they came out one and so far it’s been good to him and hes a family man. Nice roomy sedan that doesn’t look completely boring and bland.

and LOL at the clowns posting their 240s… you even read what the guy posted?

What Anthony just said…

+Toyota Camry

Totally agree. My mechanic’s accord 1996’ model has 386xxx, and still running strong. You can’t go wrong with the Honda brand :smiley:

thats cause its a mechanics car ^

Ever checked the odo on your driving instructors car?

its for your mom in the long run, your mom would love a boring generic car because thats what most women want - hence the pile of shit cars they’ve built in the past 10 years, because the auto market is based on women, because lets face it - women make the decisions.

V6 accord coupe; my fathers 1999 has nearly 500,000km’s, needed a tranny rebuild around 375k, but a JDM motor/tranny installed was $1200 less than tranny rebuild.

also, the V6 coupe seems to destroy wheels bearings frequently, rears mostly