Buying a new (used) car

Basically, I was gonna grab a s14 but im in school (University), no job and no income so im holding it off until i have a steady stream of cash. So i talked to my mom who has a car which needs replacing anyways and here’s the deal. Just like to get some external info.

Ill buy a car now, use it for 1 year. Then give this car to my mom to replace hers. By that time, i should have a part time job and ill buy another car next summer for my self, s14 prob.

Keeping in mine that it will eventually be my moms car. Here’s what im considering right now. Looking to spend $8000 max, under 150,000kms and older then 2000 and auto transmission.

No Nissan Sedan, sry guys but i just don’t like the Nissan sedans, only their 2 doors.

Honda Civic - yes its a civic and boring but its also cheap, economic and an awesome car.
Honda Accord - just bigger then the civic, but Ive driving my aunts a lot (2004) and i like the way it drives and has a good number of options.
Volkswagen Jetta - Cousin just grabbed one. Drives good.
BMW 3 something series - doubt ill find a nice one over 2000 and in good condition but its still an option nevertheless.

So ya, basically any input would help. Im kinda stuck between the civic and the accord. Im kinda leaning to the accord v6 as it has a little extra hp, (140 I4 vs. 200 V6) and it does help when u got a car full of 5 people and stuff in the trunk.

options? inputs? suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

audi a4?
nice car… drives good.

Hi Friends.

Some nice fellow has recently plowed into the back of my car while i was waiting at a red light. His car was a nice big SUV. My car, while functioning perfectly, is now considered a writeoff which is quite irritating.

As a result im starting to think about buying a new (well, second hand) car. I probably have a budget of 5g’s which i know aint much, but yeah, quite poor atm. A mid 90s corolla is what comes to mind at the moment. The problem is, im not really experienced in this area as my last car was bought off a family friend.

Any of you guys ever gone private? Used car dealerships? Other? Had any luck with private? What things have you done to ensure the car aint going to fall apart? Yeah pretty much screwed without a car so i need to get the ball rolling on this kinda soon. Any help is very much appreciated.

Audi . .! that’s good. Its cool, classy as well as adds up to your status. There are many other advantages too with it.