buying used lux car for 10k and under. help

Lol

Id put the wifey up in a brolic SUV.

:rofl

LED LCD > LCD

:lol

gas my man gas

Ohhh word. Yeh, i hear dat. My shit gets 20mpg on a good day.

There is a value proposition for Japanese cars but you just compared an Acura TL to a 3 series. FWD vs. RWD is a tough comparison. Subjective stuff like looks can’t be considered either.

New member here, been lurking on this site for a while - but figured I’d chime in on this topic.

Back in 2007 when I was looking at purchasing a car for my college grad present I was looking at those exact four cars, I test drove every single one of them and was at local dealerships trying to get the best bang for my buck.

I ended up walking away with a 2005 Infiniti G35X, diamond graphite with a little over 20k miles. I daily drive my car every day and have put over 65 thousand miles on it over the course of the past 4 years and have had 0 issues whatsoever with my car. As other people have said in this thread, as long as you take care of your car, have regular maintenance done - then really none of the above should give you a hard time.

No matter what make or model of a car you are looking at, there’s bound to be someone out there who has horror stories with that particular vehicle.

Although my car’s six years old I’m still very happy with my purchase. It’s pretty quick, nice interior, and is very solid in the snow.

I’d be more then likely sticking with a new G37 within the next couple years, but I think i’m going to be making the transition to buying a Diesel truck for work purposes.

Good luck and hopefully you find something your girl likes.

Subjective looks should be considered. The car is for his girl, not him, so platform doesn’t matter. It’s all about ride quality, interior quality, and overall looks I’m sure.

I wasn’t looking necessarily at the ‘mechanics’ of the cars because it’s for his GF. I’m sure to a guy platform would matter like I said above, but to his girl? Highly doubt it. I just mentioned that to me, a G37x felt the exact same way as a 3-series (in reference to those people who were bashing the G). Same rough yet firm sporty ride. Same quality interior. Same amenities. Better price. Same for the TL-S (and to a lesser extent the base TL). The TL-S is FAST yet rides great. I test drove a 6spd before I got the M.

Also, I don’t see any benefit in the FWD vs RWD argument on a DD for a woman as most woman just want it (their car) to drive. They don’t take corners hard nor do they race, so the performance benefits of RWD (which I now know since my car is usually in RWD as opposed to AWD) is irrelevent. I see what you’re saying and I agree that RWD > FWD.

As far as what you get for your dollar…IMO Japanese > everyone else. Not just purchase price, but cost of ownership, etc. over the life of the car.

As srads said, you can’t really go wrong with either of them if you maintain them (which I’m sure he will). It doesn’t change the fact of what I said though in terms of bang for buck = Jap. In this case that doesn’t matter, I was just saying in general. People hate on Japanese cars and put them on a lower class than German cars and I don’t understand why. They make a LOT of GREAT cars. It’s like saying Apple (German) > Google/Microsoft (Japan/everyone else). Simply not true. Like I said in the past, I’d take an Infiniti M or a Lexus LS over any of the competitors cars (7 series for example) 10 times out of 10.

That’s my opinion anyway. Bottom line is if he takes care of it, it’ll take care of him. Almost all cars would do that. So it doesn’t really matter what he gets.

00-04 RL
04 TSX
04 TL
00-01 Q45
740i
Is300
GS300/400

G35s are FUCKING JUNK. Buy the 3-Series.

so does mine :rofl

See bold above.

TL-S is fast yeah, but if you are talking TL-S money, even a used '08 or whatnot, you can get into a used 335i for that same price range. I know which one I’d rather have hehe. Either way, not part of the original comparison.

You can’t speak for all women to justify the subjective looks thing. There are a lot of guys too who don’t give a rats a$$ about handling and just care about looks. So they are girly (maybe :lol)? Besides, who can judge whether a TL looks better than a 3 series anyways?

I didn’t say RWD is better than FWD. I just said it’s not an easy comparison.

As for your last comment, you don’t think the Koreans can offer a value product? What do you think about the Genesis sedan or the Equus? These cars seriously undercut prices on similarly equipped vehicles, Japanese or German.

Isnt her Altima newer and/or nicer than most of those?

IS THIS A SERIOUS POST?

i should neg ur ass for being so…well PJB! :Idiots

What Archie said. C&D recently ranked the Equus above the LS460, but it was mostly the $35k price difference that won it for the Hyundai. New Genesis coupes are sick looking.

But none of those can be had for under $10k. So just go E46 3-series and call it a day. At least one person on this site has owned at least one of those cars except for the dumpy Benz, so take their words on it, not the word of “my buddies with their xxxxxx car.”

i think ive narrowed it down to an e46 325xi. has everything she wants and needs.

now i need to find one in a color she will deal with. ugh, bitches are so fucking picky!!!

E46 is a great looking car! No idea on common problems or any of that hahaha

Black

/thread

I love how people post they’re looking for a car for 10k and somehow TL-S’s get posted.

:rofl

e46 for sure man. I’m glad I bought mine! Perfect daily!

Come come now… Everyone in this thread knows OP was looking at this from the get-go!