CA Problem

Okay so my car started acting up recently. I will be driving fine for like an hour but then all of a sudden my car will start to miss really bad. I checked the plugs, and all the connectors for the ignition coils, and the little connection point on the bottom of the coil under the boot. I noticed they all have some carbon deposits on them but #2 was really bad and slightly discolored. All the plugs are fine and yes they are gapped right. So what I want to know is, is one of my coils on its way out? or could it be something else? Twice now I have pulled everything apart, and the first time I never even cleaned anything and put it back together and had it running fine. The second time I cleaned all the connectors, cleaned the coils, and put dy-electric (sp?) grease on the top of all the plugs. It ran fine longer after I did it the second time but now it will do it randomly. I can have my foot into it and it will run fine once, then the second time it will sound like its running on only 3 cylinders. I can even be just coasting down the road and it will do it. I think its one of my coils but I figured I’d ask you guys first.

Okay so I took my car out for a drive and got it to start missing again. As soon as it did it I started unplugging coils to see which cylinder has my miss. I found #2 to definatly be the problem but since the plugs are fine, and all the others are firing correctly it must be the #2 coil, or possibly something wiring related going to it. Anybody know of a part number for the coils? I checked NicoClub but there parts list didn’t have it on there.

I don’t know man check NICO again i know they have coil replacement threads on there. THen try nissansilvia.com because im pretty sure they have it listed also. Ive seen replacements like spitfire or something. And i don’t know for sure but RB coils might work. You just gotta search more, the answer is out there.

try doing a compression test on cyl #2. if you’re low in that cylinder you’ve probably burnt a hole in your intake or exhaust valves for cyl 2. (you didn’t happen to turn up the boost and run lean did you?) BTW this is worst case scenario. I hope its just a bad coil pack!

pulsar ca18de coils work, as well as Ga16de coilpacks…i have a couple extras if u need…

So when you say they work, are they the same? Or just not quite as good as ones that would come on a DET.

i am so suprised i didn’t have these problems with mine. Rob saw my old coil packs and they were FUCKED lol

Yeah its a real pain in the ass right now. I need my car to drive like 120km a day to and from school, now I can’t even drive it.

no way man ET is better than DET…yes they are the same, that is why i said they were…

srry to kinda advertise for another forum but try this.In theory it makes total sense.
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=6237
its in the tech section so you need a login if you dont got one pm me and i’ll take some screen shots or copy and paste