Need some help.. I have what sounds like miss firing!

Ok so i have a 180sx with a ca18det. The problem im having is that the car is miss firing. It only happens when im full on the throttle and the car is hot. It sounds like im hitting the rev limiter. It has big hesitation. The weard thing is, is that when im half on the throttle its all good but as soon as im full on , it does it. So far i have changed the plugs and replaced the fuel pump. Could this be a bad coil pack? Hope someone else had this problem. Thanks for the help.

What did you gap your plugs at???

Sound like your gap is to big aka blowing out spark.

cheak your gap! very good idea^^^ Also when you do that look over your coil packs! One might have a crack. If you dont see a crack cheak the resistance! I had a few coil packs go bad in the past!

my car was doing that exact same thing last week i i dunno if the ca or sr has a distributer cap but look in it chances are there is a ton of black shit anround the in side of were the plugs plug in replace it or scrap it off and ur car should run nice again cuz mine did

plugs and coil packs for sure …it must be something with those and check the harness as well as those clips crack over time

Umm RWD SR’s and CA’s are distributerless ingition systems. So no dist cap just 4 coil packs.

But yea i had the same problem with my car. Gapped the plugs down to .28 from .32 and it went away. The heat part make me think of gap again.

Ok boys thanks for the replys.Im going to check out the gap on the plugs. Thanks again.Oooo yeah so exactly how do you check the resistance of the coil pack’s?

thats a big gap! Gap to .08!!! Very small you would think but thats what I run in all my rb and SR’s!

That black shit you guys see in your distributor cap is carbon from the points! They wear away after time and that dust flings evenly agenst the cap and creats a bad circut! The Spark will spark anytime! you dust it out and usually runs good again yes! But ya SR, CA, RB are all DIS ignition! Coil on plug! The best id say!

Just so you guys know coil packs are all diffrent from SR, and all rb’s are diffrent and even series 1-2 RB25’s are diffrent also! They are stupid that way! You would think nissan would have made them all the same! I gusee they just wanted to make money!

NB: 0.08" = 0.28mm 8)

Yea i am all metric.

ahhh shit sorry! I am a retard!

You have yet to type a sentence in this thread without an exclamation mark. This leads me to beleive you are either on E, or extremely excited about coil packs and plug gaps.

^^^^^^^^hahahahaha with big !!!

You have yet to type a sentence in this thread without an exclamation mark. This leads me to beleive you are either on E, or extremely excited about coil packs and plug gaps.[/quote]
BAHAHAHA

Why do you have o be so mean :cry

Holy shit it worked. Thanks for the help. Hard to believe that .04 would make that big of a difference. Thanks for the help again. Kris.