CA18DET Clutch F*$#ed What to do ????

Hey guys ive got a question for you

I bought a CA18 and the owner said the clutch was bad, the pressure plate is the problem yet to my surprise this is what i found

As you can see from the pictures the disk is completely toast and everything is burned to shit so i have no idea what to do, JUST so you guys know i don’t have $900 to buy a rebuild kit or the $1000+ for a new OS giken

So if any one knows where i can pick up a Stock flywheel for cheap or a part number i could go to nissan with to get a new one that would be SOOO helpful

Also would it be possible to just get a replacement clutch disk or is the whole kit in bad enough shape its not worth it ??

Thanks guys Chris

Get a cheaper clutch kit, don’t mix and match, I’d say.

Or sell me the motor.

Lol im not selling the motor.

I already bought a clutch for it thinking the car had a stock flywheel on it but instead i have this one which i cant use

So im in the pursuit of a Stock CA flywheel because that’s cheaper then getting a new OS Giken single disk plate for $450

Can any1 tell me why a some clutch’s cost crazy amounts of money ???

I think its just the more HP its good for, the more expensive it is.

• Name Brand :wink:

Lots of info on NICO for ca18 owners. Lots of guys on there are running SPEC clutchs, because they make about 8 stages of clutchs for the CA, so you can buy whatever strength you need. But all the info is there, just search around a bit.

I think you can use the KA clutch, either as-is or swapping out a ka tranny using the ca bellhousing. I’m thinking of using the KA tranny with the CA due to the ka having a longer 5th, the ka is bad enough at highways cant imagine how a shorter 5th 'll be like buzzing on the highway at 4krpms+.

Yeah ive looked into that too, but i have a CA Diff so it will even out. also i have a ka clutch but you need a CA flywheel which i currently don’t have.

At a 120km/h its around 2800 rpm with the CA trans and stock 240 vlsd.

WTF? I do 3250rpm at 120km/h in 5th with a stock KA and a VLSD.

get the flywheel re-surfaced and get a new clutch

end.

i sold my 6 puck for a KA E to a guy with a CA so apparently they do work…

Eurodrive

done

Lol I went to Eurodrive today, they said it will cost 750ish for a rebuild kit.

Fastback240 - That was me that bought the clutch and its not for a KA =( i have a stock one on me and the size if different i Pm’d you about.

Good to hear that. Just got my ca and was wondering how i’d be cruising.