CA18 Tranny

Hey all, I posted on 780 but wanted to double check with the real authority. Are the clutches for the KA same as CA? I’m gonna be looking into a new clutch when I swap in the CA and don’t know if any suppliers have listings for 180’s

Nope they are different. Use a clutch from a CA18ET 87 200SX Turbo.

Do any local suppliers carry/ bring in Stage 3 equivalent 180 clutch kits…or is it best bet to just ask for the 87 200sx

Very doubtful. You have to remember, this is Alberta, not California.

yes, you can use a ka clutch in your ca, you have to pull out one of the alignment pins, http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=104014

I knew i was right.

I was also right. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification Chris, looks like that will be the way i’m going

as chris stated you can use a ka clutch but spec makes specific clutch’s for the ca18det, and the go from stage 1 - 5 I believe.

they cost $600 thought, well thats how much I paid

On their website the CA clutch (Stage 3) listed $359 sooo in and around $450CAD I’m assuming… Does this sound right to you?

The site lists “The Mustang Shop” as a dealer…any others?

im using a spec stage 3 clutch but now that i look at the site it looks like a stage 4…wierd

buy a SPEC clutch rather than spend money on a KA or S12 clutch … a SPEC will last longer as well as be for a ca18det specifically

Thanks for the advice all, I placed an order for the STG 3 spec clutch, now I can resume the last half of the transplant once the clutch arrives