Caddy Transmision

Well, with the influence of the forums i’v been wanted to beef up my '96 seville. I’v looked into everything from S/C’s to turbos to nos. Now im thinking simple with fuel injectors, cold air, throttle body, cams, small stuff. But it has occured to me that maybe my tranny can’t handle it? Just curious if you guys know anything about it and how much I can put on it before I should look into a new one, and if it comes down to that, what to look for in a beefed up transmision.

4T80E is rated at 305ft/lbs torque.

I’d imagine a higher stall torque converter would be alot for that transmission.

Beefed up clutch packs & good valve body.

(very costly)

how much is costly?

i am thinking in the 1k range or more…but i have no idea about caddy trannies

do yourself a favor and save up and get a CTS-V. wait a coupple years untill there are some decently priced used ones out there. there arn’t really many mods for a seville out there, and rather than risk screwing up your car ‘trying things’ u will be better off in the long run waiting a year or 2 and getting a used CTS-V

just my 2 cents

Did you get your car washed at Delta Sonic on Transit last night (1/23)???

And the amount of money you will dump into this car wouldn’t be worth it in the end. It’s a luxury car, not a sports car, so it won’t be fast unless you do a lot of work to it.

That I did, and maybe you guys are right, ill pour money it something which CAN’T ruin my mechanics, like an all JL sound system :slight_smile:

jl sound systems are the shit

Thats funny then, because I was the car behind you and I saw you jump out of your car to wipe down your trunk and saw the whole system in it. Then when you posted this about a 96 Caddy, it all came together.

:word:

That’s my plan!!!

800hp Caddy here I come!!! :burnout:

a thing we considerd was a straight drop, find a wrecked CTS-V or STS-V on ebay or something and buy it, and drop in the V engine and trans…wild idea but could work

doubt that the LS2 will “drop in” on the older northstar cars. if you really want to mod the car, I would go with suspension upgrades and a/v equipment. FWIW.

the CTS-V isnt a LS2 its a supercharged and built Northstar

isnt that the sts-v?

i think the cts-v’s had an ls6 and now the ls2.

my bad STS-V engine…