Caddy VS Mustang 5.0

Me and my buddy were drivign around in his '96 Seville SlS and we hear a throaty V8 come up from behind us. It was a black, mid 90’s Stang that said 5.0 right on the side and had a few saleen stickers. a 3 inch raised hood or so, obvious headers and magnoflow(per the stickers). and a punk ass attitude. My buddy shifted the caddy in neutral and revved the Northstar a few times, we got an instand response from the Stang. As the light starts to turn for us, the stang is at about 3k waitin to drop the clutch and the caddy is at about 2500 holding the brake. Light goes green and both cars squeel a lot of rubber. The Stang took the lead for the first 5-8 seconds, once the caddy hit 2nd gear, we pulled and left him in the dust, got to 60 and stopped at the next light. He couldnt beileive his eyes, his manly mustang got beat by an old folks car thats only mod is a AIRHOG air filter. It was rather entertaining, this caddy has beaten a lot of street competition. Im not sure what the stang had, but it lost by a large margin, and the Caddys 1st gear is really piggish

Hrmm… A 4000lb stock caddy beating a 5.0 stang 5-speed with some mods. I gotta see this one. Make sure your buddy is around this spring. Those caddies are nice for cruisers, but they are barely in the 14’s.

He will be, all i know is what i experienced and i only saw the looks of the stang not what was under the hood. The caddy is rediculus at Top end racing (highway) so much top end power. Has yet to be beaten.

I’d like to heard the caddies unbeaten kill list…

Oooo… a caddy, want to race a taurus. :snky:

so it took 5-8secs to reach 2nd gear and it wasn’t until some time after that that you only got to 60mph? hmmm…

1st gear goes to 45, it does a 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds, i rounded the timing in the description becuase i was lazy.

Whats the taurus? year, model? mods?

There’s a few. An 89 stock, lightened running low 1x’s and a 92 with Bolt-ons running ~1x.0. Take your pic. Throw down some $$. I bet they’ll even run on top-end.

Is it just me or do all your kill stories involve heavy ass cars beating up on cars they shouldn’t? The first story was a NT Eclipse. I’m thinking 6 cylinder Mustang this time around. So in reality, its no real surprise that your “winning” these races.

Chill!

Bolt on 5.0s are still only like high-mid 14sec cars…if that.

oddly enough, there are faster cars than 5.0 mustangs

and not everyone with stick knows where their powerband is, either

Im just tellin it like it is, some of these may seem unreal but they happen, and me and my friends all have heavy vehicles, with apparently good power.

The Caddy only lost to one taurus, it was a SHO with many mods

He’s talking about MY caddy :slight_smile: Yeah, not many mods, but i want to and don’t know where to start. If anyone wants to help me out be my guest

:rofl: ill take a shot at the caddy with my civic.

whats it got newman, i know your good just from talk…dynoed?

it dynoed at 220 wheel or something. I bought it premodded. money race? :stuck_out_tongue:

^ your already turning into the typical honda thug

duhhhhh

money? youd have to ask my buddy with the CAR(Treads). Hes got about 280 guessing but with 60 more horses and double the wieght, i think your gonna win